Click here to show your gratitude on Facebook:Earlier today, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi came out publicly against fast track for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
According to a Washington Post report, Leader Pelosi said, “No on Fast Track — Camp-Baucus [the recently introduced fast-track bill]— out of the question.”
This is a huge development. The House is where fast track's fate will be decided. And if we stop fast track, we stop the TPP.
Additionally, Leader Pelosi’s statement comes just two weeks after Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid rejected the president’s call to fast-track the TPP through Congress.
With the top Democrats in the House and the Senate now publicly opposing fast track, we have real momentum in this fight.
Click here to share this graphic on Facebook thanking Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and Majority Leader Harry Reid for speaking out against fast track:
Grassroots activism played a key role in moving the ball forward.
Over 183,000 members of CREDO and Democracy for America signed a petition calling for Leader Pelosi to publicly opposing fast track.
In addition, over 2,200 CREDO members picked up the phone and called Nancy Pelosi urging her to publicly reject fast track.
Numbers like that along with the media buzz they generated surely made an impact.
It’s also helpful that Nancy Pelosi is the best leader that House Democrats have had in a generation.
While it’s far too early to declare victory on fast track or the TPP, we are making progress in this fight. CREDO member have also poured over 8,000 constituent calls into Congress opposing the TPP. And we’ll continue to fight this on every front.
Still, it’s huge that the Democratic leaders in the House and the Senate have publicly bucked the White House’s demand to fast-track the TPP. So right now we need to make sure that Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid know we’re with them 100% on this.
Click here to share this graphic on Facebook thanking Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and Majority Leader Harry Reid for speaking out against fast track.
Thanks for fighting fast track and the TPP.
Matt Lockshin, Campaign Manager
CREDO Action from Working Assets
Received this e-mail from CREDO Action today:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- New York, I love you, but you're freaking me out. I've been working full time and trying to find a place to live that I can afford and it is going nowhere. Bouncing back and forth between Brooklyn ...29 comments 70 Recs
- I meant to write this up a couple of weeks ago when Elizabeth Warren released a report called, "Broken Promises: Decades of Failure to Enforce Labor Standards in Free Trade Agreements" but, well, ...29 comments 31 Recs
- Rep. Matt Salmon is considering a primary campaign against John McCain On Tuesday, Democratic Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick announced that she would challenge Republican Sen. John McCain, but the senator ...8 comments 12 Recs
- Maryland Democrat John Delaney took to the Washington Post yesterday to make the argument that Democrats who are providing a "loud voice" on issues ...9 comments 16 Recs
- Earlier today, May 28th, the NC house cleared a gay marriage objections bill that allows court officials to opt out of same-sex marriage duties based on religious Objections “sincerely held”.7 comments 15 Recs
- The Justice Department has indicted former House Speaker Dennis Hastert on reporting evasion charges and lying to the FBI as part of an effort to pay off victims of “prior bad acts.” In an ...86 comments 112 Recs
- He's already won. Believe it or not (I didn't at first), Hillary's primary poll ...831 comments 157 Recs
- More popular than the jokers in the GOP side. Here is the ...374 comments 145 Recs
- The media are more interested in ...332 comments 332 Recs
- No current results.