- Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Obamacare Job Killers!
- Today at 12:30 PM PT, come and ask Chris Bowers anything about Daily Kos.
- What's coming up on Sunday Kos ...
- GOP abortion foes are criminalizing the doctor-patient relationship, by Jon Perr
- This is what a movement looks like! Raleigh NC Moral March and Freedom Summer 2014, by Denise Oliver Velez
- Obamacare and the inheritance tax: A case study in the so-called dignity of work, by Dante Atkins
- Book review: Parry-Giles' 'Hillary Clinton in the News', by Susan Gardner
- Is Hillary Clinton the president we need at this time?, by Egberto Willies
- The real face of conservatism, by Ian Reifowitz
- These Daily Kos community posts were the most shared on Facebook Feb. 13:
“The Vampire Squid Strikes Again: The Mega Banks' Most Devious Scam Yet,” by Matt Taibbi, by bobswern
This is How Citizens United Dies, by ManfromMiddletown
- The Donald has a sad because nobody believes him anymore:
... Trump can no longer escape the fact that his political “career”—a long con that the blustery billionaire has perpetrated on the country for 25 years by repeatedly pretending to consider various runs for office, only to bail out after generating hundreds of headlines—finally appears to be on the brink of collapse.
- A telling look at how media outlets used a video of lethal, fiery car crash:
The Blaze ran the video and separated out several stills, along with this headline: ‘Oh My God! Oh My God!’: Cellphone Video Captures the Horrific Moment a Car Driving the Wrong Way Causes Fiery Head-on Collision.
- Here's one of those gay predators going after your kids:
It seems that whenever the queer movement makes social and political gains (aka this totally radical thing called being treated equally)—and it's happening more and more every week, I'm happy to report—our opposition waves their hankies and rolls out their "oh, sweet Jesus, think about the children!" defense. [...]
There was one ridiculous study by University of Texas professor Mark Regnerus that claimed that gay parenting has negative consequences, but that study has "been condemned by a host of experts including the American Psychological Association and over 200 professors and therapists." But that doesn't stop groups like the Family Research Council from continuing to use it in hopes of banning marriage equality, as it recently did in Indiana.
But an argument built on a lie is—you guessed it—a lie.
- Suffolk County legislator's solution to bike accidents: Stop riding your bike. After a 17-year-old whose mother had been struck while riding her bike by a van wrote a letter to Legislator Thomas Barraga asking that bike lanes or at least warning signs be installed, he got this reply:
“My personal feeling is that no one who lives in our hamlet or for that matter in Suffolk County should ever ride a bicycle or motorcycle,” Barraga wrote. “Suffolk County is a suburban automobile community — drivers expect to see other drivers on the road, not bicyclists and motorcyclists.”
- Jackie Chan takes on the poachers.
- On today's "encore performance" Kagro in the Morning show, it's Valentine's Day, 2013! Greg Dworkin brings us a collection of stories about the post-election efforts of pollsters to recalibrate the machinery, including their likely voter models, plus some speculation on the crack-up of the Republican Party. Guns are, still in the headlines, as are Wayne LaPierre's latest ravings. We read from Ari Berman's coverage of the appointment of Ben Ginsburg to President Obama's voting rights commission, and FreeThoughtBlogs.com dissection of the ridiculous claim that there were no gun accidents in the time of the Founders.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
eeff, navajo, HeyMikey, marina, blueyedace2, Pam from Calif, koNko, BeninSC, Uncle Moji, LinSea, Dragon5616, annieli, thomask, ratcityreprobate, DRo, Eric Nelson, belinda ridgewood
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Meteor Blades
- DOOMSDAY CLOCK Moves Up To 11:57 "current efforts are entirely insufficient" on Catastrophic Warming
- A greener world they say, without dealing with how the "trade agreements" will address the climate change. I added the bold. The Obama Administration claims that the new round of secret trade deals ...6 comments 14 Recs
- Southeastern Wisconsin I readily admit that I am charmed by the often misunderstood Opossum. This infatuation has motivated us to set up a few HD cameras around the property, in order to record the ...35 comments 24 Recs
- Grid Alternative team installing solar panels in Compton, CA Approximately 1,600 impoverished households in California are set to get free or low cost solar panels for their homes. Saving precious ...7 comments 20 Recs
- Larger Image The map above shows North American land surface temperatures from May 17–24, 2015, compared to the 2001–2010 average for the same eight-day period. Shades of red depict areas that ...8 comments 21 Recs
- Welcome! " The Evening Blues" is a casual community diary (published Monday - Friday, 8:00 PM Eastern) where we hang out, share and talk about news, music, photography and other things of ...43 comments 22 Recs
- The House is expected to vote on fast track trade promotion authority as soon as next week. If it passes, the corporate-negotiated Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) is a done deal — even though it ...41 comments 11 Recs
Meteor Blades's Tags
- Abortion (12434)
- Afghanistan (11509)
- Anti-War (1998)
- Antiwar (383)
- Bill Moyer (12)
- Climate Change (25095)
- Community (91415)
- Cranky Users (302)
- Daily Kos Photo Cooperative (16)
- DK4 (1686)
- Ecology (2398)
- Economy (56290)
- eKos (12468)
- Environment (46342)
- FNN&V (20)
- Gulf Watchers (1196)
- International (15152)
- Jobs (12494)
- Labor (28739)
- Libya (4270)