I've been poking around a bit to find out why we should all rally around Donald for Rob's seat in the House of Representatives and found an insightful articleabout his good old brother George by Steve Volk for the Philly Magazine. It seems brother Donald got his last political office via a splash of nepotism when he was appointed to the seat vacated by Dana Redd when she became mayor of Camden. Called a "major Norcross/machine lieutenant" by the web site Save Jersey, Redd seemed happy to play musical chairs for political power broker George Norcross. Writer Steve Volk had a lot of bad things to say about George and a lot of good things to say too. One factoid that grabbed my attention was that the King of South Jersey and I graduated from the same high school - Pennsauken High - and anybody who came through those hallowed halls couldn't be all that satanic. Anyway, getting back to Donald...I think we should do all we can to help him feel legitimate this time around as he rises to the national stage. I really do. It's hard enough for a little brother to shine a bit in the shadow of a superheated older sibling. I believe the Norcross family definitely needs our help for political validation, so let all of us true blue Dems find someone to run against Donald fair and square. Then, if he wins, he doesn't have to feel that his bro got him the gig. I mean, he'll finally be able to hold his head high and avoid all those pitying looks at Ponzios! For all the wonderful things George Norcross has done for South Jersey (and, c'mon, we all know what they are), we should at least do this for him and Don...I mean we all crave respectability, don't we?
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by SuzanneCloud
- This is not from me. This was eloquently written by a true expert in their field whom everyone should listen to, educator, Gerald J. Conti. I picked it up from an article in the Washington Post by ...336 comments 460 Recs
- 48 comments 32 Recs
- Say hello to businesswoman Pam Mazanec, a member (God help us) of Colorado's state Board of Education. Ms. Mazanec is unhappy about the AP U.S. History curriculum because it doesn't give America ...276 comments 225 Recs
- The word 'fraud' is becoming a bitter pill for the North Carolina GOP to swallow this week. After the alleged voting fraud committed by the Koch brothers via AFP/Americans For Prosperity, there ...143 comments 253 Recs
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott The fact that Florida's Republican governor and legislature refused to expand Medicaid under Obamacare was bad enough. Florida has the second highest ...283 comments 271 Recs
- How does one remain civil when talking about a party that is knowingly hurting millions of Americans? The Koch-Brothers-funded Americans For Progress ad featuring ...62 comments 96 Recs
- Last night, Bill Maher delivered an excellent final New Rule on how some of the 1% are whining about feeling persecuted. Did you know that during World War II, FDR actually proposed a cap on ...63 comments 93 Recs
- Originally published at Tikkun Daily One might think, given the record number of anti-gay bills being proposed across the United States, that the religious right's legislative influence – and ...288 comments 332 Recs
- Gov. Chris Christie's administration has lost ...87 comments 118 Recs
- From NJ's Star-Ledger : Wednesday’s apology by Port Authority Chairman David Samson, for the agency’s role in the George Washington Bridge entry lane closures, rings hollow. He hit bottom when ...101 comments 251 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.