I found out Sunday that my beloved little dog, Rubi, 4 1/2 years old, has cancers on her tongue. The vet is investigating options, but according to the info I was able to gather on the internet, Rubi's chances of survival are not good. Even if the cancers, 3 tiny nodules, can be removed, this kind of cancer recurs often. There may not be enough room to remove the lesions completely without impairing her ability to eat or drink. The fear I have for her is overwhelming; I can hardly breathe. She lays by me, not in pain yet, unknowing that her future is so short. She is today the same happy dog she has always been but for how long? When will I be able to let her go for her own good? I hope I will be strong enough to do it before she is not the dog she is now. She and I accept any good thoughts/prayers/healing wishes.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
exNYinTX, hnichols, greengemini, ronnied, ZedMont, freerad, IndieGuy, AnnieR, swampyankee, Mr Robert, dotdash2u, Most Awesome Nana, broths, Jon Sitzman, River Rover
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by art ah zen
- There are times when life gets a little financially rough. We have been asking for donations to help out elenacarlena . So far, we’ve raised enough to cover her rent payment (which was due ...126 comments 126 Recs
- Please keep tipping and recommending so as many people as possible will see this diary! We only have a day to accomplish our goal. THANK YOU! Due to a situation far beyond our control, the Derby ...119 comments 69 Recs
- Ohai, friends. My cat LuvLee & I have been following the events around the prosecution of cat-murdering, unemployed veterinarian Kristen Lindsey. For backstory, see twitter feed https://twitter.com/...44 comments 30 Recs
- My fellow Kossacks, after months of desperately trying, I have exhausted all other avenues for raising the funds I need to satisfy my landlady and stay off eviction. I'm desperately in need of a ...32 comments 31 Recs
- My wife ellie who was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer in December has her good days and bad.We have been married for 25 years .We have been around the world together not literally but ya ...76 comments 246 Recs
- Pat (weezilgirl) has been on The Great Orange Satan since 2007. I swear it has taken me that long to convince her to let me write this diary. She is one of the original independent, stubborn Tough ...631 comments 284 Recs
- If you missed my update yesterday, the lymph node biopsy was negative! Best news I've had in weeks. We need a chuckle, so please read below the sponsor's announcement! As you can see by Itzl's ...89 comments 19 Recs
- Monday! I spent all day Saturday at Vizcaya with my mother. Glorious. As you can see by Itzl's concerned look, this group gives Kossacks a safe place to check in, a daily diary where we can let ...28 comments 20 Recs
- On the morning of December 13, 2012, the earth and the sky moved at a furious pace while my wife and I were putting on clothes we would normally reserve for funerals or weddings, all in what felt ...50 comments 229 Recs
- 74 comments 194 Recs
art ah zen's Tags
- No current results.
art ah zen's Blogroll
- No current results.