Click here to add your name:Congress has appropriated federal tax dollars to provide health coverage for up to 400,000 uninsured Virginians by expanding Medicaid — so why do tea party forces in the General Assembly want to give that money to residents of other states instead of using it to create jobs and help people here in Virginia?
It doesn't make any sense. Unfortunately, it’s a case of some people putting a rigid ideological agenda over the well-being of their constituents and our Commonwealth. They would rather make a philosophical point about the role of government than give a hand to their fellow Virginians in need.
As a businessman, it makes no sense to me that we would send our tax dollars to other states. This money should go to overburdened hospitals and healthcare facilities across Virginia — and could produce around 30,000 new jobs in the Commonwealth as well as lower healthcare costs for all Virginians.
Please join me and tell the General Assembly: Don’t give away Virginia’s Medicaid dollars to other states.
Republican governors of states like Ohio, Arizona, North Dakota and Michigan are putting federal Medicaid dollars to work in their states because they recognize that doing so is good for their economy and creates jobs.
Medicaid expansion has bipartisan support in the Virginia General Assembly – but it’s going to take all of us making our voices heard to drum up the public pressure necessary to get this done.
Please add your name and tell the General Assembly to expand Medicaid here in Virginia.
Thanks for your help,
House Speaker William Howell (R-Stafford), right, talks with House Appropriations Committee chairman, Del. Chris Jones (R-Suffolk) at the Capitol in Richmond on Wednesday.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
fcvaguy, econlibVA, freakofsociety, gpoutney, JamieG from Md, awcomeon, leftykook, quetzalmom, ExpatGirl
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Earlier today, May 28th, the NC house cleared a gay marriage objections bill that allows court officials to opt out of same-sex marriage duties based on religious Objections “sincerely held”.7 comments 13 Recs
- The Justice Department has indicted former House Speaker Dennis Hastert on reporting evasion charges and lying to the FBI as part of an effort to pay off victims of “prior bad acts.” In an ...85 comments 110 Recs
- He's already won. Believe it or not (I didn't at first), Hillary's primary poll ...724 comments 149 Recs
- More popular than the jokers in the GOP side. Here is the ...360 comments 141 Recs
- The media are more interested in ...300 comments 314 Recs
- Stand up and say you're mad as hell and you won't take it anymore! Elizabeth Warren was a guest speaker this week at The Code Conference —"where top industry influencers in ...46 comments 93 Recs
- Republican Sen. Pat Toomey (left) faces a ...40 comments 18 Recs
- While the political press corps moans about how ...445 comments 127 Recs
- I wrote a diary last week about how Scott in ...22 comments 15 Recs
- No current results.