About 940,000 people selected Obamacare insurance plans in February, bringing to 4.2 million the total number of people opting for health coverage in the law’s insurance exchanges since the enrollment opened in October.An additional 4.4 million people have been found eligible for Medicaid and CHIP through state and federal marketplaces. So that's 8.6 million people the Republicans want to take health care away from.
About a quarter of the sign-ups over the first five months of enrollment were adults between ages 18 and 35 – a key demographic sought by insurers to help offset the cost of covering older, typically sicker enrollees. More than four in five people signing up qualified for subsidies through tax credits.
Women continued to enroll at a disproportionately higher rate than men – a 55-45 percent split. Nearly two-thirds of all sign-ups selected mid-level “silver” level plans that cover about 70 percent of their enrollees’ costs.
With open enrollment for Obamacare ending March 31, the administration has announced that it's much closer to its goal of 6 million enrollees. A healthy chunk of the 4.2 million applicants are aged 18-35.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
TXdem, eeff, exNYinTX, oceanview, Eyesbright, BentLiberal, flumptytail, deepeco, gchaucer2, rebel ga, ericlewis0, Onomastic, BarackStarObama, ratcityreprobate, kareylou, Auriandra, i saw an old tree today, ShoshannaD, nomandates, BelgianBastard, Chas 981, hbk
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Joan McCarter
- The media are more interested in ...300 comments 314 Recs
- You can watch it Live now. Why Bernie matters: A 2016 primary run by Bernie ...225 comments 230 Recs
- Last week, I noted that the number of ACA exchange-based QHP selections has officially passed the 12 million mark nationally. I also mentioned that: Of course, when you throw in the missing tax ...10 comments 20 Recs
- Early results in the marriage equality referendum indicate a very strong showing for the yes vote. It's looking like a celebratory mood is emerging already within the Irish gay community, although ...187 comments 179 Recs
- Let’s say that you are a bit older, overweight, out of shape, and making your only visit to Glacier National Park. Now this is a National Park filled with hiking trails and lots of young, ...15 comments 40 Recs
- Need a bit of inspiration this morning? I've got just the story for you. On Tuesday, two men showed up on a street corner in Tillamook, Oregon, with signs reading "Homo sex is sin" and "Jesus said ...121 comments 426 Recs
- DKos Radio's KITM podcast (AUDIO): Greg & Joan blast 'bad intel' BS; TPP shell game targets MedicareWe kicked off with a recap of the ...1 comments 4 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 290 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 268 Recs
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie takes on civil liberties, domestic espionage, and ...107 comments 47 Recs
Joan McCarter's Tags
- No current results.
Joan McCarter's Blogroll
- No current results.