Click here if you want to donate to the effort:If we can stop the gun lobby in a state like Georgia, we can stop the gun lobby anywhere.
For decades, pro-gun advocates have enjoyed unfettered access and limited opposition in state capitals across the country. That's part of the reason we started Americans for Responsible Solutions and spend so much time traveling and meeting with local legislators -- even if getting around isn't as easy as it used to be.
In some states, like Colorado, Delaware, Nevada, and Virginia, we've been on offense. In others, we've had to play defense. But the point is, we're committed to fighting in all fifty states, and that has the gun lobby on its heels.
That's why our campaign against the Georgia bill, which would allow gun offenders to carry guns in classrooms, churches, bars, and even the world's busiest airport, is so important. With only two weeks left in the legislative session, we need your help before it's too late.Contribute $5 to Americans for Responsible Solutions and help us escalate our campaign calling on Georgia's Governor and Lt. Governor to stop the extreme "Guns Everywhere" bill.
Just yesterday, we delivered close to 10,000 local petition signatures to the Governor as the State Senate heard testimony about the bill from victims, clergy, and gun violence prevention advocates.
The chamber was packed in a near unprecedented show of interest for a state legislative initiative. Georgians for responsible solutions are leading this effort, and we're proud to support them.
Thanks for joining us.
Gabby Giffords & Mark Kelly
Americans for Responsible Solutions
Gabby Giffords and Mark Kelly are making Governor Nathan Deal (R. GA) their next target in the call for common sense gun control:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
88kathy, ask, Burned, kishik, Kimball Cross, LinSea, WakeUpNeo, DerAmi, keepemhonest, anodnhajo, a2nite, GAladybug, Glen The Plumber, LilithGardener, Dodgerdog1
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...284 comments 442 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 298 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.