- Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Bestest Friends:
- Join us today at 12:30 PM PT when Susan Gardner hosts Ask Me Anything (about Daily Kos).
- What's coming up on Sunday Kos ...
- By hiring a climate disinformer, Nate Silver undermines his entire premise of data driven journalism, by Laurence Lewis
- The RNC's new campaign: selling millennials on a corporate agenda, by Dante Atkins
- The unlikely redemption of Safety Spider, by Hunter
- Women's History: Asian and Asian Pacific Islander Americans, by Denise Oliver Velez
- Noah brings the rain, by DarkSyde
- Don’t laugh but Rand Paul could be our next president, by Egberto Willies
- Did Rand Paul just accuse Barack Obama of being "not black enough," by Ian Reifowitz
- Dirigible drones will be able to spy on us from 13 miles up.
- Enthusiasts find building a tiny house community is hard work:
“The whole reasoning behind living in a tiny house is that it forces you to get rid of a good amount of your possessions,” [Alek Lisefski of Sebastopol, Calif.] says. “[As a result, I’m] somewhat reliant on the community that I live in. For example, I don’t have a huge garage where I can store tools and the kind of stuff that people horde over decades of living in a house. So, if I need those things, I have to find a friend who has them or some sort of sharing program. It forces you to engage with other people rather than being shut up in your big comfy house.”
- Lesbian asks to be stoned at church that recommends it:
[The ATLAH Worldwide Missionary Church in Harlem replaced its sign about "homo demons"] with one that read "Jesus would stone homos," along with "Stoning is still the law" and Bible verses Matthew 5:17-19, Deuteronomy 17:5-7, Leviticus 20:13 and John 8:1-11.
In response, Lopez knocked on the church's front door this week and informed the man who answered that she was there for her stoning. "I saw your sign and I'm here for my stoning, I'm a lesbian," Lopez informs the man [...]
The man, who seems a bit unsure as to what he should say, ultimately tells Lopez that he doesn't have any stones but she should come back the next day.
- Singing nun blows away audience (and the judges) on Italy's version of "The Voice."
- "Evolutionary thinking is dangerous, and it's anti-American":
Well this is fun. This nice fellow is Michael Peroutka, the founder of the “Institute on the Constitution” and a former presidential candidate of the Constitution Party. He sure does love him some Constitution! He’s also a member of the neo-Confederate League of the South and a good old white supremacist, too. And he has some interesting thoughts about science and Americanism, too, as we see in this video from Right Wing Watch—the lecture is from 2011, but they just discovered it while doing other research, and had to share it with the world. And golly, it’s some bracing stuff! You see, kids, Mr. Peroutka has discovered that basic political philosophy of the United States, as expressed in documents by the Founding Fathers, is grounded in the obvious Science Fact that
“creation occurred about 6000 years ago. So the whole idea of evolution and that the Earth is…millions and millions of years old is absolutely antithetical to America …
- Biggest IRS phone scam yet sweeping the nation.
- Humans can distinguish a trillion odors...at least:
It has been said for decades that humans are capable of discriminating between 10,000 different odors. The number is cited in scientific literature and appears in popular magazines. "It's the generally accepted number," says HHMI investigator Leslie Vosshall, who studies olfaction at the Rockefeller University. "Our analysis shows that the human capacity for discriminating smells is much larger than anyone anticipated."
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show: Conservative publishing racket. Hobby Lobby. Exciting conclusion of David Dayen's look at the DoJ mortgage fraud report. Wolfers on how many really live hand-to-mouth. Sargent: "The real goal of all those anti-Obamacare ads."
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
glitterscale, Powered Grace, eeff, kharma, Eyesbright, HeyMikey, SueDe, BeninSC, JeffW, LinSea, commonmass, Onomastic, wintergreen8694, Eric Nelson, aresea
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Meteor Blades
- happy birthday to me as well. May 26 2002 May 26 ...20 comments 24 Recs
- Last week, I noted that the number of ACA exchange-based QHP selections has officially passed the 12 million mark nationally. I also mentioned that: Of course, when you throw in the missing tax ...8 comments 19 Recs
- This is a message to activists trying to fight the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). Stop calling the TPP a "trade" agreement. TPP is a corporate/investor rights agreement, not a "trade" agreement. "...10 comments 38 Recs
- It's been a while and we need to regroup, discuss the state of affairs, come up with new ideas and have fun. On the fun side, we are going to try a potluck A potluck is a gathering of people where ...8 comments 14 Recs
- The NYC Kossacks welcomed both peregrine kate and asterkitty to Spitzer's Corner on a gorgeous Spring day. As usual, it was a great group of Kossacks with fabulous food and terrific conversation.77 comments 46 Recs
- Come oh come ye tea-thirsty restless ones -- the kettle boils, bubbles and sings, musically. ~ Rabindranath ...75 comments 39 Recs
- Welcome! " The Evening Blues" is a casual community diary (published Monday - Friday, 8:00 PM Eastern) where we hang out, share and talk about news, music, photography and other things of ...50 comments 25 Recs
- Thoughts about Black Kos, (with a poll) Commentary by Black Kos Editor Denise Oliver-Velez After reading and responding to many of the detailed and thoughtful comments, in " How ...224 comments 70 Recs
Meteor Blades's Tags
- Abortion (12406)
- Afghanistan (11508)
- Anti-War (1998)
- Antiwar (383)
- Bill Moyer (12)
- Climate Change (25059)
- Community (91333)
- Cranky Users (302)
- Daily Kos Photo Cooperative (16)
- DK4 (1686)
- Ecology (2398)
- Economy (56264)
- eKos (12467)
- Environment (46276)
- FNN&V (20)
- Gulf Watchers (1196)
- International (15115)
- Jobs (12483)
- Labor (28703)
- Libya (4270)