for the many expressions of concern and the good wishes! I am definitely feeling better but where I go from here has not been decided yet. The two main options seem to be try another statin or don't take any statin for now, and monitor my cholesterol levels. The matter of whether or not to resume the second medication has not been addressed at all. Matters are still unsettled largely because of a "phone tag" situation with the doctor/his assistant. I knew about the problems with grapefruit when taking a statin, and I have not had any sort of grapefruit since well before I started the statin.
Monday was Little Sister's birthday, so...
We don't know the exact day she was born, but we decided on 31 March as her birthday based on what the vet told us about her probable age.
Thank you all very much again!