Click here to add your name:When you grow up on a farm with five brothers and a sister, you learn pretty quickly to work hard and play fair.
My sister and I were raised to believe we could do anything our brothers could, and my husband Erik and I have raised our daughter, Delaney, to embrace these same principles.
So the fact that women in West Virginia make 70 cents for every dollar paid to men goes against every value my mom and dad taught me.
Over the course of her lifetime, a West Virginia woman will earn $558,000 less than a male counterpart. That huge pay gap affects all of us.
If we want to get serious about our economy and ensuring that all West Virginia families have the chance to prosper, then we have to get serious about paycheck fairness.
That's why I'm joining with lawmakers across the country to demand that Congress do the right thing for all Americans by passing paycheck fairness immediately.
Click here to stand with me and tell Congress that West Virginia needs paycheck fairness and we need it now. Our families deserve a fair chance in today’s economy.
When you care as much about West Virginia as I do, you'll do whatever you can to improve our state’s economic outlook and ensure an equal playing field for all West Virginians.
Congress has made great strides for paycheck fairness in passing the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, but there's still a long way to go.
It's time for Congress – and Congresswoman Capito – to step up and do right by West Virginia families. Please join me and thousands of others across the country in calling on Congress to pass paycheck fairness right now.
Tell Congress: Equal work deserves equal pay. It's time to pass paycheck fairness so all families have a fighting chance.
Thanks for standing up for West Virginia values.
Received this e-mail today from Natalie Tennant's (D. WV) U.S. Senate campaign:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...283 comments 442 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 298 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.