Click here to add your name:When women succeed, Maine and the rest of America succeeds.
But as we celebrate National Equal Pay Day today, women here in Maine are still paid about 79 cents for every dollar a man earns at the same job.
We must do better -- and we can.
Congress is set to take up critical legislation -- the Paycheck Fairness Act -- to strengthen anti-discrimination and wage laws, but Republicans in the House are dead set on blocking this important bill and continue waging their war on women.
Join me and tell Republicans that women deserve equal pay for equal work. Click here to add your name to support the Paycheck Fairness Act.
Closing the pay gap will go a long way in helping women and families in Maine and across the country.
That's why thirteen years ago, I helped create Equal Pay Day here in Maine. And as your next governor, I will make women's economic security one of my top priorities by raising the minimum wage, pushing for paid sick days and better family leave, and increasing access to quality, affordable childcare and pre-K education.
But today, as President Obama signs executive orders to help close the wage gap for female federal contractors, we still have a long way to ensure equal pay for all women.
Add your name to show your support the Paycheck Fairness Act. Women in Maine and across our country deserve no less.
Thanks for everything you do to help women and families in Maine.
Received this e-mail today from Rep. Mike Michaud's (D. ME) gubernatorial campaign:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- You can watch it Live now. Why Bernie matters: A 2016 primary run by Bernie ...218 comments 222 Recs
- Sorry, Sen. Johnson. The House just doesn't care about your political prospects. Things are getting just slightly urgent for Republicans faced with the possibility that the Supreme Court will ...47 comments 31 Recs
- Fighting it to the end. Thanks to 14 Democrats joining all-but-five Senate Republicans in approving fast-track trade legislation last week, it's now up to the House, which is where most close ...93 comments 78 Recs
- Gubernatorial frontrunner GOP Sen. David ...7 comments 8 Recs
- A confluence of two ideas: the Democrats are not being serious about hiking the minimum wage AND Bernie Sanders makes a more formal presidential campaign announcement today. These are connected ideas.238 comments 149 Recs
- Mark Weisbrot , writing at Aljazeera is of the opinion that the public discussion of the TPP has been much more robust than discussion of NAFTA had ever been. And that ...132 comments 249 Recs
- Ann Kirkpatrick Tuesday morning brought some exciting news for Arizona Democrats, as Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick announced she'd run against veteran ...57 comments 59 Recs
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- No current results.