So the idea here is simply to build a little more formalized way to engage in conversations, and to pull in content from various sources, calendars, and more. Also the idea is to make it easy to participate in conversations from email, cell phones, and whatever else is coming real soon now. You can read the proposal as it stands right now on the Knight News Challenge site at https://www.newschallenge.org/.... I would love to get some feedback on this proposal, and any additional ideas for how this could work and be effective - if you could create a login at the News Challenge site and comment, I'd greatly appreciate it. Please note that the comment period for these proposals ends on April 18 -- so commenting soon is important.
For some time now I have despaired about the state of news in Wisconsin. A while back I realized that most of the "news" I actually care about has been coming to me through informal means -- emails, social media, blogs, etc. And it has also occurred to me that being able to deal with that news in a more structured way, as well as engage more easily in the conversation would be a great thing. And I'm a web sort of guy, so why not do something about it? So I wrote a proposal to this year's Knight News Challenge - and you can help to make it happen.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by uppitywis
- IMPORTANT: If you are or can be involved in any way with GOTV efforts in Wisconsin, do not get involved in this project. I do not expect to find any "smoking guns" in this email dump, but one never ...144 comments 508 Recs
- If you've been around the internet the last few days, you've heard about the amazing work progressives in Wisconsin are doing to STAND UP for the middle class and American citizen's right to ...29 comments 54 Recs
- Fox News got the tables turned last night at the Milwaukee County Democratic Party meeting in Milwaukee, WI. Shortly after the meeting got underway, chair of the Dem Party of Wisconsin, Sachin ...197 comments 570 Recs
- The Cheddarbomb continues on ActBlue for Progressive Hall-of-Famer Russ Feingold. If you are truly a Progressive and don't just play one on ...261 comments 487 Recs
- BIG NEWS : 39 Democratic Reps have signed Rep. Carolyn ...462 comments 552 Recs
- This is Stephanie Taylor, co-founder of the Progressive Change Campaign Committee , from the ground in Little Rock, Arkansas. We're down to the wire in ...2 comments 39 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.