Click here to add your name:Today is the 44th annual Earth Day -- a day when we take time to acknowledge all the work we’ve done to leave the planet in a better condition than we inherited it, and remember how much work we have to do.
Our planet has a fever. A recent report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change confirms that climate change is happening, that man-made factors are now the primary driver of it, and that if we don’t take action soon, our window to reverse the effects of climate change will slam shut.
We need to:
Increase the production of clean energy technologies to end our dependence on dirty energy like coal and foreign oil.
Fix our energy infrastructure, like patching leaky natural gas pipelines, to reduce our impact on carbon emissions while protecting consumers and creating jobs.
Hold ourselves to a higher standard of renewable energy use and lead the rest of the world by example.
In honor of the 44th Earth Day, we’re gathering 44,000 signatures from people like you -- people committed to combatting climate change and breaking the planet’s fever. Click here to add your name.
There is no emergency room for sick planets. We have to be the doctors that diagnose the diseases that come from carbon emissions and take steps to fix them. We have to be the nurses that tend to the Earth's ailments.
The very first bill I introduced in the Senate would create hundreds of thousands of jobs and quadruple America’s clean electricity production, while saving consumers billions of dollars through energy efficiency.
This is an issue I have worked on throughout my service to the families of Massachusetts. I authored the first comprehensive climate change bill in history to pass either the House of Representatives or the Senate.
Record droughts, rampant wildfires, melting polar ice, and extreme storms are the symptoms of a larger problem. And if we let them go untreated, the future of our planet is at risk.
With big oil billionaires like the Koch brothers funding so-called “climate change skepticism” to benefit their special interest friends, we’re up against some powerful forces. That’s why we need each and every one of you to make your voices heard. This Earth Day, commit yourself to taking action on climate change. Sign the petition today.
Thanks for your support, and happy Earth Day.
Happy Earth Day to you all! Received this e-mail today from Senator Ed Markey (D. MA):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Meteor Blades, RunawayRose, Pescadero Bill, LakeSuperior, Calamity Jean, LookingUp, Eric Nelson, Glen The Plumber, MethuenProgressive, CenPhx, BMScott
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...23 comments 33 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...375 comments 277 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 449 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 206 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...815 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- How stupid is the right-wing media? Stupid enough ...45 comments 55 Recs
- No current results.