Click here to add your name:This week, Texas students began another round of standardized STAAR tests. At the same time, Greg Abbott continues promoting his education plan to force four-year-old students into standardized testing.
It’s a method that replaces the discovery of early learning with teaching to a test. It subjects preschoolers to a high-stakes exam and ties the results to education funding in schools. And it picks and chooses which Texas children have access to a quality education.Abbott’s plan is really and truly a giveaway to the standardized testing industry in Texas. Children in pre-K should be coloring with crayons, not filling in bubbles with number two pencils.
I believe all Texas children should have access to a quality education -- and that’s what I will fight for as Governor.
If you agree, add your name today to send a message: Four-year-old children should not be taking high-stakes standardized tests.
All Texas children should have access to a quality education. That’s what I believe -- and that’s what I will strive to achieve as Governor.
Thank you for your support today.
Received this e-mail today from State Senator Wendy Davis' (D. TX) gubernatorial campaign today:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Sylv, Sherri in TX, TexMex, chimene, dewtx, daeros, Matt Z, shesaid, Lujane, Denise Oliver Velez, PeteInTx, Vatexia, Glen The Plumber, ET3117, Dodgerdog1, cjtjc, BMScott
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...86 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...135 comments 218 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...276 comments 440 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 298 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 58 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.