Click here to add your name:I just had to share: a recently released survey ranked South Carolina one of the WORST states for working moms. In fact, we were ranked 5th worst in the country.
With Mother’s Day this weekend, the moms of South Carolina deserve better! They deserve a state where they can work, raise a family, and find affordable childcare. Under the Nikki Haley administration, women are still making less than men and we’ve seen cuts to vital programs our families rely on.My friend Vincent Sheheen, however, has spoken about the need for equal pay for equal work. He has worked to help women create their own businesses by removing barriers to entrepreneurs, and he is fighting to strengthen laws to prevent domestic violence.
If you agree that we need a governor who will do better for our working moms, add your name to this petition before Mother’s Day >>
It’s time for new leadership in South Carolina. All moms, their families, and friends, deserve a leader who will make this state a place where working women are able to succeed, not a place where the deck is stacked against them and we once again have a harder time than anywhere else in the country.
We can do better and we must. It’s time for new leadership. We deserve it. If you agree, make sure to add your name to our online petition.
Women for Sheheen
Received this e-mail today from State Senator Vincent Sheheen's (D. SC) gubernatorial campaign:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...284 comments 442 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 299 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.