Click here to add your name:Detroit’s auto industry is the lifeblood of Michigan’s economy. Our state has always led the nation in auto manufacturing, innovation, and technology -- and in the process we helped create America’s middle class.
The Great Recession hit Michigan harder than most states, and in particular the auto industry. But when politicians on both sides of the aisle and special interests wanted to throw in the towel, I said no.
I fought for our auto industry and for the middle-class families who depended on those jobs. And with the sacrifice and hard work of folks in the industry, American auto companies came roaring back.So it’s deeply troubling to me that, as late as 2012, my opponent is on record siding with special interests and saying that she would have let the auto industry fail.
I’ve always fought for Michigan’s middle class and for the jobs and industries that support our communities. Sign on today to show your support for Michigan’s auto industry.
Michigan is the foundation of America's auto industry which supports over 8 million families nationwide. Yet my opponent opposed helping the middle class families who depend on those jobs even after the auto rescue and after Michigan’s economy went on the mend.My opponent and the Koch Brothers agree that Michigan’s auto industry should have failed, our middle class should have gone under, and our economy should have collapsed.
Michigan needs a Senator who will look out for our middle class, not one who’s going to side with special interests like the Koch Brothers’ Americans for Prosperity and Freedom Partners.
Today, add your voice to mine and let our auto workers know that we’ve got their back, even if Terri Lynn Land doesn’t.
Thanks for your support.
Received this e-mail today from Rep. Gary Peters (D. MI) U.S. Senate campaign:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
chrississippi, Aquarius40, oceanview, lcrp, LakeSuperior, ChemBob, blue jersey mom, Crashing Vor, JML9999, TomP, MKinTN, ScottyUrb, Youffraita, Amber6541, ericlewis0, slowbutsure, Eclectablog, stlsophos, ShoshannaD, howabout, BMScott
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...284 comments 442 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 299 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.