Workers at a Staples (yes that Staples) warehouse in Georgia are organizing a union with the Teamsters. The workers came to work Monday wearing union buttons in a show of unity. Obviously Staples didn't like that and called a mandatory captive audience meeting yesterday. What followed should warm the hearts of anyone who cares about workers rights and organizing in the South in particular. Check it out Here.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Gooserock, JVolvo, One Pissed Off Liberal, 207wickedgood, Dirtandiron, Are We There Yet, winkk, Halfton81, BMScott
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Street Heat
- Americans across the political spectrum need to rise up and stop Fast Track now! The good news is that overwhelmingly House Democrats will vote No! The bad news is that lined up against them, and ...4 comments 14 Recs
- On this day in Labor History the year was 1966. This is the day Chicano labor organizer, Caesar Chavez started a 340 mile march from Delano to Sacramento, California for the rights of farm workers.3 comments 6 Recs
- The fast food worker strikes of the past few years aren't just about higher pay, they're also about improving working conditions. This Monday, a group of McDonald's workers pressed that part of ...77 comments 45 Recs
- More shuttle drivers for major tech companies vote to unionize. The momentum continues: Bloomfield, New Jersey became the ...3 comments 6 Recs
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell A new rule streamlining and modernizing union ...4 comments 13 Recs
- Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) ...58 comments 36 Recs
- In a Washington Post op-ed, Sen. Elizabeth ...94 comments 86 Recs
- 36 comments 18 Recs
- As part of its union contract, Ford has a camp on how many workers it can have at its lower-tier wage of $19.28 an hour. It's exceeding that cap, ...1 comments 3 Recs
- 15 comments 35 Recs
Street Heat's Tags
- No current results.
Street Heat's Blogroll
- No current results.