- Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Antitrust Us!
- Join us today at 12:30 PM PT when Markos hosts another edition of Ask Me Anything (about Daily Kos).
- What's coming up on Sunday Kos ...
- Chickenhawks and cheapskates, by Jon Perr
- Are the Traditional Media oblivious to the mid-term narrative that is falling apart, by Egberto Willies
- Sorry, urban kids: Republicans are in charge here, by Dante Atkins
- Time to put the fear of prison into executives before they've decided to put profits over people, by Ian Reifowitz
- Secrets, AIDS, family, God, inequality and love, by Denise Oliver Velez
- Journalists for the suppression of journalism, by Armando
- Now the Republicans care about veterans..., by Mark E Andersen
- HIV vaccine's unintended consequence: Higher HIV infection rate: Some 30 clinical trials of HIV vaccines have not turned up any that have reduced the infection rate of the virus. But, a study published in Lancet, the British medical journal concluded that people given Merck Ad5 gag/pol/nef subtype B HIV-1 preventive had an increased chance of contracting HIV.
The researchers think that somehow the adenovirus that was used as a part of the vaccine somehow made those vaccinated less able to resist infection with HIV. The investigators propose some theories about why this is so, but they are only theories at this point. They feel strongly enough about it that they strongly recommend that this adenovirus not be used again in making any other HIV vaccines.
- Dang it. Christine O'Donnell says she won't run again. But we had so much fun when she ran for the Senate against Chris Coons. She apparently did not, and told the Wilmington News that she would "rather slam my hand in a car door" than run again. She also said, despite all the recent defeats, that the tea party has been a success.
- Check out how Canadian border security treated this environmental journalst.
- Robert Gates elected president of the Boy Scouts:
“The Boy Scouts of America had a profound influence on my childhood and helped form the foundation of my career in public service,” Mr. Gates said in a statement. “I’ve had tremendous opportunities in my life, but I can say without hesitation that my memories of scouting are every bit as vivid and meaningful as what came later. I believe every boy deserves an opportunity to experience what scouting offers.”Gates takes over at a time when the Scouts are embroiled in a fight with gay advocacy groups and many corporations, such as Disney, over their refusal to allow gays to be Scout leaders, although they now permit members of the organization to be gay, much to the consternation of some fundamentalists. Although Gates was coincidentally Secretary of Defense when the military ended its anti-gay Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy, nothing would indicate that he would be in the forefront of any move to change the BSA's stance on the matter for its leaders.
- Take a tour of the entirely legal hang-outs on the deep web:
BrightPlanet, a group that specializes in deep web intelligence, simply defines it as: “anything that a search engine can’t find.” That’s because search engines can only show you content that their systems have indexed; they use software called “crawlers” that try to find and index everything on the web by tracking all of the internet’s visible hyperlinks.
Inevitably, some of these routes are blocked.
- #TeamBlackness discussed Rick Perry's opposition to the Prison Rape Elimination Act, the racism of video games, why conservatives think women are being brainwashed into crying rape, and the further incompetence of the NYPD.
Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe On Stitcher | Direct Download | RSS
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show: GunFAIL vs. CDC stats. Greg Dworkin, Armando on reparations, Abramson, Greenwald & more. Guns, yes; sex toys, no. More blowback on open carry. Drug cartel becomes lime cartel. Traffickers or private equity group? You decide!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Bill in Portland Maine, Brecht, YucatanMan, gpoutney, justiceputnam, jnhobbs, JeffW, LinSea, catilinus, FogCityJohn, renzo capetti, ericlewis0, annieli, belinda ridgewood, John Crapper, aresea, The Marti, Cadillac64
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Meteor Blades
- The NIE is the National Intelligence Estimate. And it shows the serious dissents by the State and Energy Departments on the claims of WMDs. From the accompanying article: The CIA's 25-page ...5 comments 9 Recs
- A daily series, Connect! Unite! Act! seeks to create face-to-face networks in each congressional district. Groups ...129 comments 38 Recs
- Maryland Democrat John Delaney took to the Washington Post yesterday to make the argument that Democrats who are providing a "loud voice" on issues ...8 comments 12 Recs
- Dennis Hastert Dennis Hastert ...54 comments 39 Recs
- As thousands die and roads melt in India's sweltering heat wave and reports file in predicting the imminent collapse of Antarctica's 12,000 year-...22 comments 23 Recs
- DOOMSDAY CLOCK Moves Up To 11:57 "current efforts are entirely insufficient" on Catastrophic Warming
- A greener world they say, without dealing with how the "trade agreements" will address the climate change. I added the bold. The Obama Administration claims that the new round of secret trade deals ...6 comments 14 Recs
Meteor Blades's Tags
- Abortion (12434)
- Afghanistan (11509)
- Anti-War (1998)
- Antiwar (383)
- Bill Moyer (12)
- Climate Change (25110)
- Community (91432)
- Cranky Users (302)
- Daily Kos Photo Cooperative (16)
- DK4 (1686)
- Ecology (2398)
- Economy (56295)
- eKos (12468)
- Environment (46351)
- FNN&V (20)
- Gulf Watchers (1196)
- International (15152)
- Jobs (12495)
- Labor (28741)
- Libya (4270)