Here are a few of the highlights of what they've advocated in their budgets for the last few years:
- Cutting Social Security by cutting cost of living increases.
- Raising the retirement age for Social Security to 70.
- Privatizing Medicare.
- Raising the eligibility age for Medicare to 70.
- Freezing Medicaid spending at 2014 levels to prevent more people from enrolling in the future.
- Repealing Obamacare and kicking people off of health insurance.
- Restoring tax breaks for the wealthy.
- Restoring defense budgets to pre-sequestration levels, and making up the money to restore defense spending while balancing the budget in four years through domestic spending cuts. Like cutting more than $100 billion from Pell Grants, and things like completely abolishing the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, the Legal Services Corporation, the National Endowment for the Arts, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Universal Service Fund, and the National Labor Relations Board. Oh, and by selling off public lands.
It's sort of hard to believe that there is a more extreme Republican vision for America than Paul Ryan's, but there is and it is the RSC's vision. The RSC has been described as an extremist cabal that took over the Republican House. Now they're trying to take over the Senate, too.