- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is The lethal confluence:
Reparations and talking about race, by Armando
The Daily Kos Elections Power Rankings: The States, by Steve Singiser
Blacklisting the Rainbow, by Denise Oliver Velez
Ten crazy places gun manufacturers want you to hide your guns, by Mark E Andersen
Gun control impotency is another failure of the traditional media, by Egberto Willies
No, Vox, let's not abolish the TSA, by Dante Atkins
- Herman Cain says he'll run for Prez in 2016 if God tells him to:
The pizza magnate, who at one point topped all Republican challengers during the 2012 Republican presidential primary before dropping out amidst allegations of multiple affairs, suggested on Saturday that he would return to the campaign trail in 2016 if called upon God to do so.
"I do not know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future. And I trust in God," the Georgia restauranteur said at the annual Republican Leadership Conference in New Orleans, as quoted by the Washington Post.
- Mexican cartels reportedly are manufacturing drones for drug smuggling:
The cartel drone effort was reported by a Missouri drone lawyer last year and the security news site Americas Postes in 2010, and recently resurfaced by Quartz and Robotics Business Review. [...]
“Cartels are adaptive in their use of technology. And drones are a technology becoming more and more available,” said [Peter Singer, a UAV security and intelligence expert at the Brookings Institute]. “They will match new means to their old ends. The key questions for them as to whether they use drones more and more will be how they allow the cartel to evade surveillance or capture, and lower costs compared to traditional methods."
- In case you were wondering:
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie appears to have shed as many as 85 pounds since his lap-band surgery last year and looks to be down to a healthier 230-something weight, according to experts. [...]
Both [Dr. Jessica] Barfield and Dr. David L. Katz, a director at the Prevention Research Center at Yale University’s School of Medicine, estimated that, based on the photos, in 2011 Christie had a body mass index (BMI) of about 45, which would put his weight at about 322 pounds. That’s considered extreme obesity. In the photos taken in 2014, Christie appears to have dropped to a BMI of 33, or roughly 236 pounds, the doctors said.
- "Brady Bunch" Ann B. Davis dead at 88.: Davis became famous playing Alice Nelson the housekeeper on the "The Brady Bunch." No cause of death has yet been determined.
More than a decade before scoring as the Bradys' loyal Alice, Davis was the razor-tongued secretary on another stalwart TV sitcom, "The Bob Cummings Show," which brought her two Emmys. Over the years, she also appeared on Broadway and in occasional movies.
[Retired Episcopal bishop Frey Bill [Frey] said Davis became part of his and his wife's "household community" after she re-embraced her Christian faith and left Hollywood behind [in 1976].
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, alphabet soup with Greg Dworkin: POW; EPA; VA. How the GOP accidentally forced a nat'l health care exchange. PsychoSuperMom's "GOP Hypocrisy Blues." How "open carry" hijacks national brands. Scott Brown's into something shady.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
navajo, twigg, BeninSC, LinSea, renzo capetti, annieli, Mr MadAsHell, wintergreen8694, enhydra lutris, belinda ridgewood, George3, Aunt Pat
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Meteor Blades
- I Got The News Today (IGTNT) is one of the oldest continuous series on Daily Kos. It is a way for our community to pay respect to those who have died as a result of war. The beautiful logo was ...29 comments 35 Recs
- All People ...6 comments 10 Recs
- You know, you'd think that since I'm now only writing for Top Comments every other week, I'd actually be able to write diaries . I had just the topic in mind for tonight, but it was apparently ...52 comments 52 Recs
- Welcome! " The Evening Blues" is a casual community diary (published Monday - Friday, 8:00 PM Eastern) where we hang out, share and talk about news, music, photography and other things of ...54 comments 26 Recs
- Denny Hastert A new report ...239 comments 51 Recs
- What could go wrong? Climate Talks In Copenhagen Dominated By Climate Destroying Corps This is about the United Nations climate talks, as they are being sponsored by fossil fuel interests. I ...7 comments 14 Recs
- Chris Mooney at the Washington Post has a wonderful piece debunking a recent Forbes post by Heartland's increasingly irrelevant James Taylor. Unsurprisingly, Taylor tries to mislead readers by ...5 comments 15 Recs
- [http://www.wlky.com/politics/cuba-taken-off-terrorist-list/33285658 WLKY:] The U.S. State Department says Cuba has been taken off a list of state sponsors of terrorism. Secretary of State John ...39 comments 67 Recs
Meteor Blades's Tags
- Abortion (12441)
- Afghanistan (11513)
- Anti-War (1998)
- Antiwar (383)
- Bill Moyer (12)
- Climate Change (25130)
- Community (91464)
- Cranky Users (302)
- Daily Kos Photo Cooperative (16)
- DK4 (1686)
- Ecology (2398)
- Economy (56299)
- eKos (12468)
- Environment (46358)
- FNN&V (20)
- Gulf Watchers (1196)
- International (15163)
- Jobs (12495)
- Labor (28744)
- Libya (4270)