It will take more than an ethics commission to put integrity in the Governor's office, but the sentiment is beyond dispute. Republican scofflaws can afford to be cavalier about the laws they pass, since they themselves don't plan to obey. Moreover, the suckers who vote for them deserve what they get. In the Republican agora it's always "buyer beware."
Jason Carter tells us he's a fiscal conservative. I'm going to take that to mean "I don't waste money." Fully agree. Money is for spending -- to mediate a fair exchange. In that sense, money is an egalitarian tool. However, like all tools,it is liable to being abused.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by hannah
- Well, another season of campaigning is upon us, and that can only mean... Another season of These Guys !8 comments 17 Recs
- Excellent reporting this weekend from the Wisconsin State Journal digging into one particularly jaw-dropping $500k loan made by Scott Walker's Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) . The ...61 comments 102 Recs
- As we hear and see more and more reports of violence by police officers directed at innocent and not-so-innocent citizens, some observers have commented on the "militarization" of our police forces.75 comments 95 Recs
- Huge factory-like dairies in Yakima, Washington, that confine tens of thousands of cows were applying millions of gallons of manure onto a few fields and calling it “fertilizer.” In fact, some ...79 comments 184 Recs
- In the UK elections, there were two big winners -- the Tories and the Scottish Nationalists. The losers were the pollsters, who believed that there would be another hung parliament, along with ...85 comments 66 Recs
- is the title of this column by Paul Krugman in today's New York Times . It starts with the notion that we still have a problem with race, as exemplified by what happened with Freddie Gray and the ...6 comments 25 Recs
- Nora Levinson is a privileged white woman--she is the CEO of Caeden , a small company that mixes tech hardware with wearable fashion. Last Wednesday, she decided to join the Freddie Gray protests ...16 comments 49 Recs
- from 2015 White House Correspondents' Association Dinner: You won't wanna miss this! full video here Full transcript ...103 comments 207 Recs
- Alice Barker enjoying the rare footage her friends were able to find. The most delightful video of the day. Alice Barker is 102 years old and thanks friends and volunteers at her nursing home in ...94 comments 332 Recs