- Today's comic by Matt Bors is How to draw President Obama:
- These Daily Kos community posts were the most shared on Facebook June 3:
New silent wind turbine could generate half of a homes electric needs, says company The Archimedes, by HoundDog
Sarah Palin wants Phil Robertson to run for president, by Christian Dem in NC
- ADP says 179,000 new jobs were created in May: The payroll services company Automatic Data Processing reported on Wednesday a seasonally adjusted gain of 179,000 private-sector jobs for May. It reported 220,000 new jobs were created in April. ADP does not report on public-sector jobs and its estimated growth figures, despite a change in methodology in 2012, frequently aren't a close match with the private-job figures estimated each month by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. For April, the BLS reported a gain of 288,000 new private and public jobs.
- How "Born in the USA," age 30, made Springsteen a political figure.
- Van Gogh's new ear:
Sacrilege of the day, week, month, year, almost forever: They have re-grown Vincent Van Gogh's ear, based on genetic material provided by a descendent, and put it on display, in Germany. "I use science basically like a type of brush, like Vincent used paint." Well, not exactly.
This is one case where I really wish it turns out to be a hoax.
- Orly Taitz loses bid for California attorney general post. Just three percent of the vote in Tuesday's primary.
- Thank goodness Hillary Clinton has "moved on" regarding Lewinsky: People magazine tried to get Clinton to comment on Monica Lewinsky and the scandal that ensued during Bill Clinton's second term as president. No dice. Clinton said she had not read Lewinsky's essay last month in Vanity Fair and had "moved on."
In the People interview, Mrs. Clinton discusses her life since leaving the secretary of state’s job last year: cleaning out her closets (“very calming”); doing yoga and aquatics (“not as much as I should”); and binge-watching the Netflix series “House of Cards,” a Washington-based political thriller.
She said she was trying not to dwell on any decision about running for president in 2016. “With the extra joy of ‘I’m about to become a grandmother,’ I want to live in the moment,” she told the magazine. Her daughter, Chelsea, announced in April that she was pregnant and expecting her first child in the fall.
- Quite the AP lede:
The No. 1 thing Seattle police officers noticed Sunday at the East Precinct station was a fire in the alley. The next was No. 2.
A man told officers he had just relieved himself and was burning the feces. He said he did not know starting a fire was illegal and thought he had done nothing wrong.
- Arctic sea ice third lowest for May:
Arctic sea ice extent for May averaged 12.78 million square kilometers (4.93 million square miles). This is 610,000 square kilometers (235,500 square miles) below the 1981 to 2010 average for the month. May 2014 is now the third lowest May extent in the satellite record.
Ice extent was lower than average in the Barents and Bering seas.
- #TeamBlackness discussed the dispute between Open Carry Texas and the NRA, why changing your name to César Chávez to win a Latino district is insane, how hurricanes with female names strike less fear in the hearts of men, and why the screenwriter of the movie Mandela needs to stop speaking and take all the seats.
Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe On Stitcher | Direct Download | RSS
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin & Joan McCarter discuss Bergdahl, primaries, reparations, how the Gop's still at sea on Obamacare, DKos GOV endorsements, MoDo on the weed & Scott Brown's shady deal. GunFAIL 2014 keeps up the pace.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Angie in WA State, eeff, navajo, freakofsociety, Lefty Coaster, JeffW, LinSea, annieli, wintergreen8694, Eric Nelson
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Meteor Blades
- This short story was previously published on Monday, May 28, 2012, as "Memorial ...19 comments 34 Recs
- Support independent cartooning: join Sparky's List —and be sure to visit TT'...29 comments 31 Recs
- OND Editors OND is a community feature on Daily Kos, consisting of news stories from around the world, sometimes coupled with a daily theme, original research or commentary. Editors of OND ...40 comments 38 Recs
- Not the Evening Blues yet again. This is going to be a bass sampler and I'll probably be doing dinner when it first postsor soon after. Nonetheless, but there's a hole to plug here. Yep, BASS, ...44 comments 28 Recs
- I Got The News Today (IGTNT), which is one of the oldest continuous series on Daily Kos, provides members of this community a venue to pay their respects to those who have died as a result of the ...54 comments 60 Recs
Meteor Blades's Tags
- Abortion (12390)
- Afghanistan (11508)
- Anti-War (1998)
- Antiwar (383)
- Bill Moyer (12)
- Climate Change (25037)
- Community (91261)
- Cranky Users (302)
- Daily Kos Photo Cooperative (16)
- DK4 (1686)
- Ecology (2398)
- Economy (56242)
- eKos (12467)
- Environment (46230)
- FNN&V (20)
- Gulf Watchers (1196)
- International (15076)
- Jobs (12469)
- Labor (28656)
- Libya (4270)