Click here to add your name:Did you hear?
Today Mitch McConnell delivered yet another blow to working families and students by blocking legislation that would ease the burden of student loan debt. McConnell is so out of touch with the lives of real people that he dismissed legislation that would allow millions to refinance their student loans at a lower rate as a "talking point."
Mitch McConnell and Washington just don't get it. Easing the burden of student loan debt isn't a "talking point;" it's a critical step toward helping working families build a future and put food on the table.
Today we're asking you to stand with our campaign.Sign the petition and tell Mitch McConnell to support this critical piece of legislation. After 30 years of failed leadership and obstruction, it's time to act.
McConnell's move today is further evidence of where he places his loyalties: rather than standing with working families, McConnell continues to stand with the wealthy Washington and Wall Street lobbyists that bankroll his campaign.
Mitch McConnell has been in Washington too long to understand that helping families with the burden of student loan debt isn't about playing politics: it's about positively impacting the lives of real people. It's about doing what's right to strengthen the middle class and make sure everyone gets a fair shot – not just the super wealthy.
Enough is enough.
Add your name now and tell McConnell to end the obstruction and pass this bill.
Thanks for standing with us,
Alison for Kentucky
Received this e-mail today from Alison Lundergan Grimes' (D. KY) U.S. Senate campaign:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
glitterscale, TrueBlueMajority, Wee Mama, Aquarius40, Kentucky DeanDemocrat, KayCeSF, daeros, TomP, Thomas Twinnings, JamieG from Md, papahaha, Amber6541, dagnome, MRA NY, Eric Nelson, ET3117, BMScott
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...284 comments 442 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 298 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.