Click here to add your name:It’s absolutely shameful: American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian children are the most at-risk population in the country.
The statistics are staggering. Native children are more likely to be victims of child abuse, more likely to end up in foster homes, and have a suicide rate that’s 2.5 times the national average. And since 2000, child mortality rates for Native children have actually increased by 15 percent.
The status quo for Native children is simply unacceptable, and we have a moral obligation to do right by these children. That’s why I co-sponsored a bipartisan bill to examine and address the challenges facing Native American children.
This bill advanced through the Senate committee with overwhelming support – now we need to make sure Congress passes this bill and it’s signed into law.
Click here to send a clear message to Congress: Native children need a better chance to succeed. Pass this legislation to protect and support Native children.
There’s just no way around it: the federal government has failed our American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian children.
That’s why it’s high time we took action to better protect and support Native children in this country.
Please join me in calling on Congress to pass this bill so we can give Native children the kind of opportunities they deserve.
Tell Congress right now: the status quo for Native children is unacceptable. Pass this bill so we can support and protect the most at-risk population in the country.
Thank you for doing the right thing.
Received this e-mail today from Senator John Walsh (D. MT):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Gooserock, KayCeSF, chimene, kurt, BentLiberal, EdSF, Denise Oliver Velez, Vetwife, slowbutsure, abbotkinney, Democrats Ramshield, Mathazar, Pinto Pony, Happy Birthday, Penny GC, LiberalLoner
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Earlier today, May 28th, the NC house cleared a gay marriage objections bill that allows court officials to opt out of same-sex marriage duties based on religious Objections “sincerely held”.5 comments 11 Recs
- He's already won. Believe it or not (I didn't at first), Hillary's primary poll ...653 comments 132 Recs
- More popular than the jokers in the GOP side. Here is the ...356 comments 140 Recs
- The media are more interested in ...300 comments 313 Recs
- Stand up and say you're mad as hell and you won't take it anymore! Elizabeth Warren was a guest speaker this week at The Code Conference —"where top industry influencers in ...45 comments 93 Recs
- Want the scoop on hot races around the country? Get the digest emailed to you each weekday morning. Sign up here .175 comments 2 Recs
- Republican Sen. Pat Toomey (left) faces a ...40 comments 18 Recs
- While the political press corps moans about how ...444 comments 126 Recs
- I wrote a diary last week about how Scott in ...22 comments 15 Recs
- No current results.