- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is The anti-party:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- Immigration, Democrats, redistricting: None of those caused Eric Cantor's loss, by David Jarman
- Chris Christie isn't the only governor to rob worker pensions to balance a budget, by Laura Clawson
- Open Carry Texas: Brand hijackers, by David Waldman
- Love Wins in Wisconsin, by Mark E Anderson
- The road to Juneteenth, by Denise Oliver Velez
- George Will is an ugly little person, and the Washington Post owns him, by Laurence Lewis
- 10 lessons from Bush's fiasco in Iraq, by Jon Perr
- People, not just politicians, are more polarized than ever, by David Jarman
- Forget Eric Cantor. Now we'll see if Republicans are the party of right-wing extremist David Brat, by Ian Reifowitz
- Latinos and the GOP: What the future holds, by Armando
- Eric Cantor loss to David Brat can teach progressive activists and their candidates a lesson, by Egberto Willies
- Be sure to read this open letter from an OB-GYN, rape survivor to George Will, noted asshole and rape apologist.
- An interesting day at Costco:
For the first time on Hillary Clinton’s book tour, she encountered a melange of people from different points in her life — from Washington’s most powerful figures to former 2008 campaign volunteers to her niece and nephew — at a signing at a Costco in Virginia on Saturday.
Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, who said she was “just shopping” and wandered by in sandals, a striped shirt and pants, grabbed a book. Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.), the legendary civil rights-era figure who helped call time of death on Clinton’s campaign when he switched his endorsement from her to Barack Obama in February 2008, showed up and shared a moment with her. Jim Sinegal, the Costco co-founder and a major Democratic donor, also came by.
- For God's sake, vaccinate!
Whooping cough, a bacterial infection also known as pertussis, is sweeping through California, with 3,400 cases reported. The condition is preventable by vaccines for infants and children, and by boosters for pre-teens, teens and adults whose immunity may have faded.
- Sad news:
Tony Gwynn, who banged out 3,141 hits during a Hall of Fame career spanning 20 seasons with the San Diego Padres, has died, it was announced Monday.
The lefty-swinging Gwynn had a career .338 batting average, won eight National League batting titles, and played in the franchise's only two World Series.
- Offered without comment:
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin rounds up Iraq stories, the backstory of Hastings' reporting on Bergdahl, health care costs dropping, and a possible gov't shutdown to block new EPA regs. More open carry shenanigans, including another "revolution" reference.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Gooserock, Powered Grace, Heart of the Rockies, stevemb, maggiejean, Larsstephens, Its the Supreme Court Stupid, Onomastic, wintergreen8694, Monsieur Georges, a2nite, belinda ridgewood
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:18 comments 25 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 287 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...82 comments 254 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
- Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Hi everyone, Sorry for writing so late but I can't write till I am free from my baby duties. So....... So ...14 comments 27 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 179 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.