- Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is "Making a point":
- From the Department of Who Knew, Rick Perry edition:
“I’m more Jewish than you think I am,” he told me. “I read the part of the Bible that said the Jews are God’s chosen people.”
- Where should you live?
- Here's 20 pictures from the earliest days of Disneyland. (Mickey and Minnie were terrifying!)
- Check out the tweet volume in the U.S. immediately before and after John Brooks' game-winning goal in Monday's victory over Ghana in the World Cup.
- Go figure:
Turns out, people don’t find it particularly relaxing to be surrounded by strangers carrying guns.
The Lake Ozark, Missouri Board of Alderman voted last week to ban gun owners from openly carrying firearms, even if they have a concealed carry permit, because they were afraid that armed individuals would chase away tourists. “We’ve had a tough time over the years promoting Lake Ozark as a family area,” Alderman Larry Buschjost explained. “We want you on the Strip with families, everywhere in Lake Ozark with families. We want you to bring your kids down here and let them loose. For the life of me, I don’t understand why I would have to carry any type of gun, concealed or otherwise.”
- It's the 20th anniversary of the O.J. Simpson white Bronco "chase."
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin rounds up Heritage hatefest, ISIS & Rick Perry's search for smarter-sounding dogwhistles. Fretting over NC's "traditional population." No to Medicaid expansion, yes to photo op at free clinic ribbon cutting: Gop's Barbara Comstock.
- #teamblackness looks at the decision by National Public Radio to cancel Tell Me More after a seven year run. The show, which was hosted by former ABC News anchor Michel Martin, discussed issues of race, identity, faith, gender, and family and attracted a passionate, diverse fanbase, including many who were new to NPR.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 152 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:23 comments 38 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 288 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...82 comments 255 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.