Back in January in a diary I wrote, I made the following predictions:
1. Virtually all of Christie’s closest aides will have to resign, and several will be indicted.
2. Several aides will cut deals and turn on Christie, and also reveal other crimes that are completely unrelated, just as happened in Watergate.
3. The current investigation in the use of Hurricane Sandy funds will expand beyond the investigation into the television advertisements. The administration of the funds will be shown to be mishandled and misused, and that graft will have taken place. Numerous people will go to jail.
4. Other scandals will come to the fore and people will go to jail.
5. I think there is a 50-50 chance of Christie also being indicted, but even if he isn’t, the scandal will get so bad that he will forced to resign. I think he lasts about 18 months.
I still stand by these predictions, and recent news reports would seem to suggest I was correct. However, I think now that Christie himself will almost certainly be indicted as well.
So, I find it humorous that there are still people (including Christie himself) who think he is a viable Presidential contender. Not only are there the numerous scandals, but Christie has also failed miserably in terms of governance, as the recent budget problems have revealed. He will never be President, thankfully.
But, he has over three years left in his term, and I find it difficult to conceive that he will be able to finish. Lt. Governor Kim Guadagno would succeed him, but she is involved in some of the malfeasance as well including interfering with a criminal investigation and attempting to bully the mayor of Hoboken for a project that David Samson was promoting. Is she able to hang on? This is going to get very messy, but perversely very entertaining as these corrupt clowns get their comeuppance.