Please do share the facts and while you're at it, click here to donate and get involved with Crist's campaign:This week, Charlie officially qualified as a candidate for governor -- and the first thing he did was sit down with teachers to discuss the most important issue in this election: Education.
Here are three things you should know right now about Rick Scott's record of abandoning our kids' futures:
(1) He cut the number of Bright Futures scholarships in half. That puts college out of reach for some of our most talented kids -- and in the long run, limits their opportunity to get a good job and build a stronger Florida.
It just doesn't make sense -- why would you make it harder for smart Floridians to afford college?
Share this graphic to get the word out to your friends:https://www.facebook.com/...
(2) His first year in office, Rick Scott cut education spending by $1.3 billion. That's $1.3 billion that could have been spent on things like classroom resources, teachers' jobs and training, and school administrative needs -- but he just didn't care. Scott is actively undermining our kids' chances at success.
Pass this image along -- a simple but effective way to make sure everyone knows this stat:https://www.facebook.com/...
(3) Under Rick Scott, we're spending less per-student than we did when Charlie was governor. This story is appalling:
"Eight of the 10 jurisdictions with the greatest drops have Republican governors, most of whom have made a big deal out of cutting taxes. Nor are we talking about a slight dip. In those eight states, 2012 per-pupil spending was lower than in 2009 even before accounting for inflation."
In Florida, per-pupil spending is almost $200 lower than it was in the last pre-recession budget.
Read this story -- then pass it along:If you do one thing this week to help take Florida back from the corporations and special interests who run the show, do this:
Share the facts, and make sure everyone you know is talking about how Rick Scott has hurt our schools. Our kids and teachers deserve a governor who cares about them.
Scott Free Florida
Received this e-mail today from Charlie Crist's (D. FL) gubernatorial campaign:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- He's already won. Believe it or not (I didn't at first), Hillary's primary poll ...631 comments 131 Recs
- More popular than the jokers in the GOP side. Here is the ...352 comments 140 Recs
- The media are more interested in ...300 comments 311 Recs
- Stand up and say you're mad as hell and you won't take it anymore! Elizabeth Warren was a guest speaker this week at The Code Conference —"where top industry influencers in ...45 comments 93 Recs
- Want the scoop on hot races around the country? Get the digest emailed to you each weekday morning. Sign up here .175 comments 2 Recs
- Republican Sen. Pat Toomey (left) faces a ...40 comments 18 Recs
- While the political press corps moans about how ...444 comments 126 Recs
- I wrote a diary last week about how Scott in ...22 comments 15 Recs
- No current results.