- Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is Dare you peer into the secret files of Dick Cheney?
- The Washington Post's Chris Cillizza is perhaps the ultimate embodiment of vapid insider political reporting. But he may offer the clearest indictment of himself, as Dean Barker points out.
- And then there were four (Republican senators deciding not to be completely left behind by the moral arc of the universe):
After receiving the endorsement of the nation’s largest LGBT advocacy group, U.S. Sen. Susan Collins on Wednesday indicated for the first time her personal support for same-sex marriage.
“A number of states, including my home state of Maine, have now legalized same-sex marriage, and I agree with that decision,” Collins said in response to a question from the BDN.
- A more nuanced breakdown of the Supreme Court, left to right.
- Oh noes! Non-sponsored underwear? We can't have that!
- Speaking of the World Cup, Uruguay's Luis Suarez was suspended for nine international games and four months of club play for biting Italy's Giorgio Chiellini.
- Gorgeous and also gorgeous.
If there was any doubt that the neocon undead will walk the earth forever, one only has to look at the latest reanimation of one of the most notorious of the whole bunch: none other than Elliott “I don’t know nothin’ about Salvadoran massacres” Abrams. It’s hard to believe that someone with his record would ever be consulted about anything more controversial than whether the veal looks good today, but here he is, in Politico magazine, giving credence to the belief that the zombie apocalypse is nigh.
- And in today's edition of old white men that say ignorant things, we bring you actor Gary Oldman.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin rounds up MS run-off news, Vox = "the left," apparently & Todd Akin's back! Plan B on the IRS "scandal" is just as dumb. Armando updates us on SCOTUS rulings. Catching up on the "no-fly list" & cell phone search decisions.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Laura Clawson
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...82 comments 252 Recs
- I am sad, but also excited, to announce that after 11 years I am leaving Daily Kos and joining Raintank , where I will be working on monitoring software and doing devsy-opsy. It's been a long and ...120 comments 293 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- To give voice to 35 workers killed on the job over the past 35 years at a massive refinery in Texas City, hundreds of surviving family members, co-workers and friends gathered there last month to ...4 comments 19 Recs
- Like many, I am watching the terrible events in Baltimore play out, and am also following the very disturbing details of Freddie Gray's death as they are revealed. I'm writing tonight because the ...115 comments 164 Recs
- Watching the discussion around the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) gives me a nasty sense of déjà vu. Long before joining AFGE, I worked as a food service worker, licensed practical nurse, and ...178 comments 208 Recs
- Americans across the political spectrum need to rise up and stop Fast Track now! The good news is that overwhelmingly House Democrats will vote No! The bad news is that lined up against them, and ...4 comments 14 Recs
- At the American Association of Editorial Cartoonists in Washington, D.C. in 2012, Dan Perkins appears with Sparky the Penguin, his avatar and a leading character in his cartoon This ...60 comments 222 Recs
- This is no plea for pity for corporate kingpins like Walmart and McDonald’s inundated by workers’ demands for living wages. Raises would, of course, cost these billion-dollar corporations ...7 comments 19 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 179 Recs