- Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Blasty the Drone, To Protect & Swerve:
- What's coming up on Sunday Kos ...
- Votes - paid for in blood, by Denise Oliver Velez
- Supreme Court cases I'd like to see, by Jon Perr
- SCOTUS sold your soul to the company store, by Mark E Andersen
- Daily Kos Elections Power Rankings: The Senate (Summer Edition), by Steve Singiser
- The privilege of normalcy, by Ian Reifowitz
- Primary-palooza: A look at 2014's remaining primary races, by Darth Jeff
- Obama to GOP: "I am the guy doing my job. You must be the other guy," by Egertbo Willies
- These Daily Kos community posts were the most shared on Facebook July 10:
Hobby Lobby long term goal: "Mandate" 4 Year Bible Curriculum - that HL writes - in Public Schools, by TeamSarah4Choice
A Picture truly is worth 1000 words, by jusjtim35
- Selective Service orders centenarians to sign up for the draft:
[T]he Selective Service System mistakenly sent notices to more than 14,000 Pennsylvania men born between 1893 and 1897, ordering them to register for the nation’s military draft and warning that failure to do so is “punishable by a fine and imprisonment.” [...]
Chuck Huey, 73, of Kingston, said he got a notice addressed to his late grandfather Bert Huey, a World War I veteran who was born in 1894 and died in 1995 at age 100.
- Number of full-time newspaper reporters covering statehouses has dropped from nearly 500 to 300 since 2003: One several reasons citizens have no clue what is going on in their legislatures.
- Here's the American Veterinary Medical Association's official cat and dog maps of the States.
- Spielberg blasted for killing triceratops after photo goes viral: Sometimes you gotta wonder about our education system. Not to mention the trigger-happiness of commenters on Facebook.
You, sir, should be ashamed of yourself.
- World Council of Churches says no to fossil fuels:
The World Council of [Churches], a global coalition of 345 churches [representing more than half a billion believers], made the decision to no longer fund oil, gas, or coal at its central committee meeting in Geneva, and recommended that its members do the same. “The committee discussed the ethical investment criteria, and considered that the list of sectors in which the WCC does not invest should be extended to include fossil fuels,” read the finance policy committee report. [...]
“The World Council of Churches reminds us that morality demands thinking as much about the future as about ourselves—and that there’s no threat to the future greater than the unchecked burning of fossil fuels,” Bill McKibben, the founder of 350.org, said in a statement. “This is a remarkable moment for the 590 million Christians in its member denominations: a huge percentage of humanity says today ‘this far and no further.’”
- Team Blackness also discussed the sizzling testimony of Tianna Gaines-Turner at the House Budget Committee's poverty hearings, how smoking pot on TV—even if it's legal—can cause you to lose your job, why paparazzi-stalking shouldn't be compared to rape, and why Breitbart thinks Muslims are sneaking over our border.
Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe On Stitcher | Direct Download | RSS
- On today's Kagro in the Morning encore performance, the 7/15/13 episode. Greg Dworkin, Armando & Meteor Blades. "The Promise: The Families of Sandy Hook and the Long Road to Gun Safety." Aftermath of the Zimmerman trial. More "nuclear option" & Snowden/NSA.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
deben, mimi, eeff, navajo, aaraujo, cspivey, slampros, gpoutney, JVolvo, bkamr, JeffW, LinSea, maryabein, renzo capetti, wintergreen8694, ratcityreprobate, Eric Nelson, winglion, belinda ridgewood, aresea, kfunk937
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Meteor Blades
- 4 comments 10 Recs
- [Mikey Weinstein]: This guest Op-Ed from my dear friend, Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) Advisory Board member, and former Secretary of State Colin Powell’s Chief of Staff Lawrence ...6 comments 35 Recs
- Healthcare reform is not done. Not by a long shot. While Obamacare has gone a very long way ...11 comments 6 Recs
- Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-TX) Sen.9 comments 11 Recs
- Progressive ideas have been getting a metric fck ton of increased media coverage due in a large part to the efforts of PCCC, DFA, and Dkos to get the word out on the courageous work of Senator ...12 comments 18 Recs
- In ancient times, Romans crossed out coins imprinted with the face of their tyrannical emperor, Caligula. In the early 20th century, British ...4 comments 6 Recs
Meteor Blades's Tags
- Abortion (12390)
- Afghanistan (11508)
- Anti-War (1998)
- Antiwar (383)
- Bill Moyer (12)
- Climate Change (25005)
- Community (91157)
- Cranky Users (302)
- Daily Kos Photo Cooperative (16)
- DK4 (1686)
- Ecology (2398)
- Economy (56218)
- eKos (12466)
- Environment (46186)
- FNN&V (20)
- Gulf Watchers (1196)
- International (15063)
- Jobs (12469)
- Labor (28634)
- Libya (4270)