Click here to add your name:Michigan seniors on Medicaid should always know that they're being treated by trained, licensed caregivers. But a recent audit showed that the state has been allowing seniors to be cared for by convicted felons after Governor Snyder stopped criminal background checks for home health care workers.
Our seniors and their families deserve better. Can you stand with Mark so we can undo the damage Snyder has inflicted on our state's seniors?
Click here to tell Governor Snyder that we must resume doing background checks on people who care for our seniors IMMEDIATELY and not wait until October. Snyder never should have stopped performing these checks. This is a problem that cannot wait!
An audit of the Medicaid Home Help Program shows that 3,786 workers had felony convictions. Not only that, but $3.3 million in services were provided to individuals who didn't qualify for them. This raises serious questions about Governor Snyder's ability to manage Michigan's Medicaid program.
Background checks for caregivers is common sense, so why did Snyder stop them? We need to let Michigan voters know about this, and we need your help to do it.
Can you click here to demand that Governor Snyder stop allowing convicted felons to care for our most vulnerable citizens?
This program provides vital health services to Michiganders. Someone needs to be held accountable.
Thanks for standing with us,
Received this e-mail today from Mark Schauer's (D. MI) gubernatorial campaign:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
maybeeso in michigan, LakeSuperior, ScottyUrb, Amber6541, commonmass, stlsophos, a2nite, 2thanks, ShoshannaD, Aunt Pat, howabout, OregonWetDog, Dr Arcadia, BMScott
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...376 comments 280 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 451 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 208 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...816 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- No current results.