Click here to add your name:Our veterans deserve the best -- I don’t think anyone questions that. Yet my plan to help veterans in Alaska and around the country is stalled right now in Washington. And there’s no excuse for not doing everything we can to get our veterans the best care available.
This is an issue that should be beyond politics. Ensuring veterans receive all the benefits they’ve earned should be part of the cost considered when we decide to go to war, because veterans and their families deal with those costs every day.
We need to live up to our promises and make it easier for veterans to access the care they need and have earned -- click here to show your support.
I’m proud of the plan we put together. It took a lot of hard work. But in the end it passed with overwhelming bipartisan support. I don’t need to tell you how rarely that happens in Washington these days.
The only thing holding this up -- the only thing preventing us from doing better by our veterans right now -- is the Tea Party in Washington. And I can’t think of a good reason why they aren’t taking action.
Show that you support expanding veterans’ access to health care. Add your name to our petition.
I’m honored to hold seats on both the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee and the conference committee that should be moving this bill forward. And I’m proud I can use that clout to help the veterans of Alaska.
But I’ll be really proud once we actually get this done -- once our veterans can access the care they deserve.
Thank you for your help.
Received this e-mail today from Senator Mark Begich (D. AK):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...11 comments 6 Recs
- Under the First Amendment, you have the right to petition your government to redress your grievances. Now would be a good time to do that. Today. According to public reports, the 18 Democratic ...8 comments 49 Recs
- FTR, a 2007 Martin O'Malley and Harold Ford (!) column in defense of "the vital center" (and the DLC): Some liberals are so confident about Democratic prospects that they contend the centrism that ...10 comments 18 Recs
- Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.138 comments 85 Recs
- The gloves are off, the sides have been clearly drawn. It's the president, the Republican Party and business versus the people, workers, labor and most of the Democratic Party. And a top House ...81 comments 168 Recs
- Alaska sets new record for earliest day with temperatures in the 90s! Temperature in Alaska on the afternoon of May 23, 2015, based on data from NOAA's Real-time Mesoscale Unbelievable that ...133 comments 213 Recs
- New York, I love you, but you're freaking me out. I've been working full time and trying to find a place to live that I can afford and it is going nowhere. Bouncing back and forth between Brooklyn ...29 comments 71 Recs
- I meant to write this up a couple of weeks ago when Elizabeth Warren released a report called, "Broken Promises: Decades of Failure to Enforce Labor Standards in Free Trade Agreements" but, well, ...30 comments 31 Recs
- Rep. Matt Salmon is considering a primary campaign against John McCain On Tuesday, Democratic Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick announced that she would challenge Republican Sen. John McCain, but the senator ...8 comments 14 Recs
- Maryland Democrat John Delaney took to the Washington Post yesterday to make the argument that Democrats who are providing a "loud voice" on issues ...9 comments 16 Recs
- No current results.