Click here to add your name:Our veterans deserve the best -- I don’t think anyone questions that. Yet my plan to help veterans in Alaska and around the country is stalled right now in Washington. And there’s no excuse for not doing everything we can to get our veterans the best care available.
This is an issue that should be beyond politics. Ensuring veterans receive all the benefits they’ve earned should be part of the cost considered when we decide to go to war, because veterans and their families deal with those costs every day.
We need to live up to our promises and make it easier for veterans to access the care they need and have earned -- click here to show your support.
I’m proud of the plan we put together. It took a lot of hard work. But in the end it passed with overwhelming bipartisan support. I don’t need to tell you how rarely that happens in Washington these days.
The only thing holding this up -- the only thing preventing us from doing better by our veterans right now -- is the Tea Party in Washington. And I can’t think of a good reason why they aren’t taking action.
Show that you support expanding veterans’ access to health care. Add your name to our petition.
I’m honored to hold seats on both the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee and the conference committee that should be moving this bill forward. And I’m proud I can use that clout to help the veterans of Alaska.
But I’ll be really proud once we actually get this done -- once our veterans can access the care they deserve.
Thank you for your help.
Received this e-mail today from Senator Mark Begich (D. AK):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...22 comments 33 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...372 comments 277 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 449 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 206 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...815 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- How stupid is the right-wing media? Stupid enough ...45 comments 55 Recs
- No current results.