Click here to donate to CREDO Actions' efforts to defeat these Republicans:In 2011, Mitch McConnell bragged on Meet the Press, “I voted for the Ryan Budget.” He called the plan to kill Medicare as we know it “a serious, good-faith effort to do something good.”
But now, McConnell is trying to hide his support for the extreme Tea Party budget.
He’s not alone. Tea Party Republicans across the country are depending on a barrage of ads, paid for by the Koch brothers and others, to hide their extremist views.
It’s a cornerstone of their strategy to seize control of the Senate. We can, and must, stop it. Chip in now to make sure we don’t let Tea Party Republicans hide their extreme records.
Here’s the truth about the five extreme Tea Party Republicans we must defeat to hold the Senate.Mitch McConnell in Kentucky did support Paul Ryan’s plan to throw seniors, working people and the poor under the bus.
Cory Gardner in Colorado is running from his extreme anti-woman record - despite supporting radical personhood bills that would drastically restrict abortion access, and even being an original co-sponsor of the bill to redefine rape.
Thom Tillis has led the Tea Party takeover of the North Carolina legislature, and pushed through the worst pro-fracking bill in the nation, the most extreme attack on voting rights, and even hijacked a motorcycle safety bill to launch a radical attack on women’s health.
Terri Lynn Land is trying to hide her extreme record in Michigan with a page from Clarence Thomas’ book: saying nothing at all. But the truth is that she opposes abortion even in cases of rape or incest, opposes equal pay for women and raising the minimum wage, and as Michigan’s Secretary of State, purged voters from the state rolls in violation of federal law.
Jack Kingston, the frontrunner in the Republican runoff in Georgia, has voted in lockstep with House Tea Party Republican attacks on women, seniors, the environment and working families. Those are the values he wants to bring to the Senate.
Our organizers are on the ground in these states, mobilizing volunteers who have already started calling voters and knocking on doors.
This is the most effective way to fight back against Koch-funded memory loss, and Tea Party Republicans’ attempt to hide their real records. But it only works with your support.
Thanks for all you do.
Becky Bond, President
Received this e-mail today from CREDO Action:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Senators introduce legislation requiring police to report all deaths/shootings to the DOJThis is actually a big deal . It shouldn't be, but it's an important step in the right direction. It's impossible ...17 comments 39 Recs
- Congress is back from Memorial Day recess—and will vote very shortly on whether to pass fast-track legislation for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) ...4 comments 13 Recs
- Since Pope Francis came out last month telling Catholics that God will judge those who do not preserve the environemnt , it was a matter of time before the backlash from Republican aspirants became ...106 comments 66 Recs
- Fabulous, but still not running for president. Now is the time to talk about the Democratic presidential primary as it is, without all the what ifs. Well, it's been that time for a while, but ...123 comments 33 Recs
- Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...15 comments 6 Recs
- Under the First Amendment, you have the right to petition your government to redress your grievances. Now would be a good time to do that. Today. According to public reports, the 18 Democratic ...8 comments 50 Recs
- FTR, a 2007 Martin O'Malley and Harold Ford (!) column in defense of "the vital center" (and the DLC): Some liberals are so confident about Democratic prospects that they contend the centrism that ...10 comments 19 Recs
- Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.142 comments 91 Recs
- The gloves are off, the sides have been clearly drawn. It's the president, the Republican Party and business versus the people, workers, labor and most of the Democratic Party. And a top House ...95 comments 180 Recs
- No current results.