I had a feeling this race would tighten. I wish these numbers were closer but this proves that this race is far from over and Walsh has the opportunity to tighten these numbers and even pull off a victory. Lets help Walsh's campaign to continue to grow by donating and getting involved with his campaign:PPP's newest look at the Montana Senate race finds it has tightened considerably over the last eight months. John Walsh now trails Steve Daines only 46/39 in his quest to be elected for a full term. That represents a 10 point gain for Walsh since November when he trailed Daines by 17 points at 52/35.
Walsh and Daines have very similar approval numbers. Walsh is on slightly positive ground at a 38/37 approval, while Daines is on slightly negative ground at a 39/40 approval. Daines' approval numbers have dropped a net 9 points from last summer when we found him at a 41/33 spread. He went under water following the government shutdown and has not seen his numbers turn back around.
One place where Walsh has seen real improvement as he's become better known is in his crossover support from Republicans. Where he trailed 90/3 with them in November, that deficit is now just 79/12. Walsh has a slightly more unified party behind him, getting 81% of Democrats. Daines leads 41/32 with independents, but that has tightened from 48/35 last fall. - PPP, 7/21/14
Some encouraging news out of Montana today:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Sylv, Odysseus, glitterscale, gaspare, Davidsfr, psnyder, wdrath, LakeSuperior, Gary Norton, profundo, markthshark, bear83, Habitat Vic, Wreck Smurfy, elwior, JamieG from Md, Nica24, bobatkinson, ban nock, Ojibwa, Vatexia, JGibson, Dave in AZ, librarisingnsf
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Earlier today, May 28th, the NC house cleared a gay marriage objections bill that allows court officials to opt out of same-sex marriage duties based on religious Objections “sincerely held”.7 comments 13 Recs
- The Justice Department has indicted former House Speaker Dennis Hastert on reporting evasion charges and lying to the FBI as part of an effort to pay off victims of “prior bad acts.” In an ...86 comments 110 Recs
- He's already won. Believe it or not (I didn't at first), Hillary's primary poll ...740 comments 150 Recs
- More popular than the jokers in the GOP side. Here is the ...361 comments 142 Recs
- The media are more interested in ...301 comments 314 Recs
- Stand up and say you're mad as hell and you won't take it anymore! Elizabeth Warren was a guest speaker this week at The Code Conference —"where top industry influencers in ...46 comments 93 Recs
- Republican Sen. Pat Toomey (left) faces a ...40 comments 18 Recs
- While the political press corps moans about how ...446 comments 127 Recs
- I wrote a diary last week about how Scott in ...22 comments 15 Recs
- No current results.