Click here to add your name:Test cheating. Tampering with attendance. Racism. Sexual misconduct.
In Ohio, a chain of 19 charter schools is now under investigation for these violations. It’s not what any parent wants to see in their child's school.
Not only are these schools failing to challenge and prepare our children, but they pose a real threat to children's safety. It’s an unfortunate consequence of a system rigged to give public money to unaccountable companies that see our students as cash cows, not the future of our state.
It's time to hold Governor Kasich accountable and end his failed experiment on Ohio's schools.
Join me and tell Kasich: Our kids' futures are not up for sale. Stop taking money from public schools and giving it to failed charter schools run by your wealthy friends.
Add your name to my petition to Governor Kasich.
Our children's futures shouldn't depend on donations to Kasich’s campaign fund. But that's exactly what's happening right now. After donating over $62,000 to Kasich's 2010 campaign, White Hat Management literally wrote the charter school law for Ohio without a single legislator present.
We need an effective education system that teaches our children the skills they need for life -- not just how to take a test. We need to refocus on supporting passionate teachers who inspire their students, not demonizing them with bills like SB 5.
It's time to focus on effective education, not what's best for Kasich's campaign donors.
If you agree, please sign on to my letter to Governor Kasich:
Thanks for your support,
Received this e-mail today from Ed FitzGerald's (D. OH) gubernatorial campaign:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
thenekkidtruth, GeorgeXVIII, skymutt, skeptica, JamieG from Md, thomask, Vatexia, a2nite, Dodgerdog1, BMScott
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Senators introduce legislation requiring police to report all deaths/shootings to the DOJThis is actually a big deal . It shouldn't be, but it's an important step in the right direction. It's impossible ...18 comments 41 Recs
- Congress is back from Memorial Day recess—and will vote very shortly on whether to pass fast-track legislation for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) ...4 comments 13 Recs
- Since Pope Francis came out last month telling Catholics that God will judge those who do not preserve the environemnt , it was a matter of time before the backlash from Republican aspirants became ...106 comments 66 Recs
- Fabulous, but still not running for president. Now is the time to talk about the Democratic presidential primary as it is, without all the what ifs. Well, it's been that time for a while, but ...124 comments 33 Recs
- Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...15 comments 6 Recs
- Under the First Amendment, you have the right to petition your government to redress your grievances. Now would be a good time to do that. Today. According to public reports, the 18 Democratic ...8 comments 50 Recs
- FTR, a 2007 Martin O'Malley and Harold Ford (!) column in defense of "the vital center" (and the DLC): Some liberals are so confident about Democratic prospects that they contend the centrism that ...10 comments 19 Recs
- Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.142 comments 91 Recs
- The gloves are off, the sides have been clearly drawn. It's the president, the Republican Party and business versus the people, workers, labor and most of the Democratic Party. And a top House ...95 comments 181 Recs
- No current results.