- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is The interview:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- Beyond Managing: Happy, Productive and Independent Lives For Autistic Persons, by Armando
- Republicans, Democrats and the Great Trade, by Jon Perr
- A state-by-state look at 2014's attorneys general races, by Jeff Singer
- The Halbig case: or, the banality of conservative evil, by Dante Atkins
- Ethnic Studies is not racist. But guess who is, by Denise Oliver Velez
- National Education Association's Lily Eskelsen Garcia on teaching, testing, and fighting back, by Laura Clawson
- Daily Kos Elections gubernatorial power rankings: Mid-Summer edition, by Steve Singiser
- Only the bad guy wins this game, by Mark E Andersen
- Wanna know why Republicans can't give up calling Obama "not American"? They've got nothing else, by Ian Reifowitz
- Netroots Nation 2014 in Detroit, a recommitment to the fight for a return to moral policies, by Egberto Willies
- Daily Kos Elections power rankings: The states (Mid-summer edition), by Steve Singiser
- Mediate names the 12 best shows on cable news ... agree, disagree or just don't care?
Apparently Hall of Fame weekend ends up being some sort of sportsball pilgrimage where retired baseball players both famous and otherwise show up to sign autographs and generally exploit past baseball heroics. So you know, of course, that our favorite racist asshole pitcher John Rocker was there to pimp his books, t-shirts, and no doubt childlike scrawl. Oh, and also to have the very most saddest raffle of all time.
Yes, you saw the hand-scrawled sign. No, it was not written by a child or a homeless person in haste. It was written by John Rocker and contains the rules for how you win the biggest bestest John Rocker prize. Five dollars per ticket! Or scale up and drop $20 for five tickets.
BARGAIN. Ten lucky people that throw down their stupid-earned money will win a night out drinking with John Rocker. Okay, actually, had yr Wonkette known about this blessed event, we might have thrown down some coin, if only we could ask him about his thoughts and feels about guns and black people. On second thought, that’s a night that would end with us punching John Rocker straight in the mouth, which is a problem because we are a nonviolent sort of people.
- Hard to believe it was 10 years ago:
Sunday marked the 10th anniversary of President Obama's national debut at the Democratic National Convention. He was tasked with giving the keynote address at the 2004 event.
He told a New York Times reporter the week before the convention, ''It came as a surprise that I'd be selected for such a privileged position. As my wife reminds me, I better not screw it up.''
- In case you were wondering if Rand Paul is running for president in 2016:
In the latest sign Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is ramping up for a presidential bid, his leadership PAC has hired Republican consultant John Yob as national political director and chief strategist of its Michigan operation.
Mr. Yob is the third state-level hire by RANDPAC in the last month, following the hirings of Steve Grubbs in Iowa and Mike Biundo in New Hampshire.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin brought great show fodder: FL's "Docs vs. Glocks" law; fist bumps vs. handshakes; "worst president" polls; the emerging insurgency industry; and the maybe not-so-unique problems of measuring health care quality.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
JeffW, LinSea, Railfan, ericlewis0, annieli, I love OCD, Mr MadAsHell, wintergreen8694, enhydra lutris, howabout
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...129 comments 133 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...14 comments 59 Recs
- Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Hi everyone, Sorry for writing so late but I can't write till I am free from my baby duties. So....... So ...14 comments 27 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 178 Recs
- Now that I know that if I come in to your pizza parlor and ask for pepperoni pies for my gay wedding the answer will bem "NO!" , some other pressing questions leap to mind. What if it was just a ...120 comments 150 Recs
- I know that the DCCC went into "desperation" mode and caught a lot of flack with their "ALL HOPE IS LOST!!!" money begs last fall. However, I never thought I'd see them LITERALLY say that "ALL HOPE ...275 comments 375 Recs
- Ten years ago, I nearly lost my life when an RPG tore through the cockpit of my Black Hawk helicopter in Iraq. The only reason I made it home was because of the heroism of my courageous buddies ...134 comments 375 Recs
- I was in Selma, Alabama on the historic Freedom Day to register voters. Tensions were high and leaders were escalating their tactics. I saw the inequality and violence that African-Americans ...49 comments 295 Recs
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 713 Recs
- Since no one in authority here has put up an "Ask me anything" diary in a while, I have taken it upon myself to cover for their sorry asses by posting my own version of "Ask me anything" even though ...360 comments 129 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.