Click here to add your name:When you turn on your faucet to pour a glass of water, you expect that water to be safe. Plain and simple.
Unfortunately, that basic, everyday need has been put at risk.
And you are helping spread the word. So far, hundreds of thousands of folks have seen our graphic with the clear message that safe drinking water in Ohio is not up for negotiation.
Now, we need to put pressure directly on the leaders who can take concrete actions to prevent another Toledo water crisis.Join Ed in calling on Governor Kasich and the Ohio legislature to fix the issues that caused the Toledo water crisis.
Nearly half a million people were without safe drinking water for days because Ohio's leaders have continually kicked the can down the road. But the Toledo water crisis has made it clear that it's time for serious action.
And while Kasich's bureaucrats may say everything is fine, we know differently. The proof flows from our faucets.
Even before the Toledo water crisis, a poll showed that 66% of Ohioans supported doing more to stop the issues that led to the toxic algal blooms in Lake Erie. Now, we just need elected officials in Columbus to heed the voices of citizens.
If thousands of us call on them to take serious action to make sure we have safe drinking water, our voices can drown out the money of lobbyists.
Add your name to Ed's petition to Governor Kasich and the Ohio legislature.
Thanks for your support,
Friends of FitzGerald-Neuhardt
Received this e-mail today from Ed FitzGerald's (D. OH) gubernatorial campaign:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...283 comments 442 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 298 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.