When asked by CNN last night why tear gas was fired at the protestors he replied that after some water bottles had been thrown at the Police they needed to protect themselves. The Police have the right to protect themselves he stated again.
Apparently job one for the Police is protecting the Police. A little scary.
Though the night before when asked about why they shot tear gas into the crowd he gave this excuse, there were a few people out of control so we needed to protect the protestors. So to protect people we fire tear gas at them….Even scarier.
By the way, here is a few more questions:
1. Is there any physical or video evidence of a Molotov cocktail being thrown?
2. Is there any evidence that the Police were shot at directly?
3. If in fact you are trying to find out who the outsiders are that are causing problems, why do you keep firing tear gas into the crowd making it impossible to ascertain as to who is doing anything in all of that smoke and confusion.
4. Why do the Police keep pointing their firearms at unarmed peaceful protestors? Is there any fear of a terrible tragedy happening under those circumstances?
5. Another question about finding those outsiders, instead of a 100 heavily armed Police officers standing in the street, how about 99 heavily armed Police Officers and one with a video camera. At least make it look like you are trying to get the real perpetrators identified.
6. Has there been any consideration about peaceful alternatives, let’s say opening up the High School Football field, turn on the lights and have a prayer vigil, concert, and BBQ.
7. Speaking of lights, have you considered renting portable lights for the streets that the protestors are on so you can better see what is going on? I know, I know, you want to use those cool night vision goggles given to you be the Feds.
8. Has there been any thought on what the cost in lawsuits in going to be to the City and State over this debacle?
9. When there were fears of looting, why were the Police not guarding the businesses in the city instead of massed together in the full battle array?
Then again, the Police have repeatedly said they don’t have time for questions, I guess the police who are protecting the police who were sent in to protect the police takes a lot of time.