Click here to add your name:Tell Gov. Corbett to Stop Using Taxpayer Money for Campaign Events
"It is illegal to use taxpayer money to support political campaigns. Stop using taxpayer money to support or promote your reelection campaign."
When Tom Corbett was Pennsylvania's Attorney General he prosecuted state legislators for using taxpayer money for campaign related activities. Now that he is governor, he has been skirting the laws regarding mixing his official duties and campaign activities.
The conservative Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's investigation revealed that Corbett has been regularly having his campaign aides participate in official state policy meetings. (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, August 4, 2014) Conservatives and liberals alike have condemned this practice as unethical and probably illegal mixing of campaign and official duties.
Now Corbett is using taxpayer money to hold a campaign-style event promoting his Administration's job record. (http://jobs1stsummit.com) This event touts Corbett as a leader in job creation, despite his actual dismal record.
"How many hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars are being spent on this event being held in the height of the election season?" asked Keystone Progress in a statement. "And if this is really about job creation and not Corbett's reelection campaign, then why did it take Corbett over 3 1/2 years to hold the first 'Jobs First' conference?"
Tell Tom Corbett to stop using taxpayer money to support his reelection campaign.
I am actually working on a big PA-Gov diary and I want to get that out over the weekend. I did want to pass along this e-mail I received from MoveOn.org:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Earlier today, May 28th, the NC house cleared a gay marriage objections bill that allows court officials to opt out of same-sex marriage duties based on religious Objections “sincerely held”.7 comments 13 Recs
- The Justice Department has indicted former House Speaker Dennis Hastert on reporting evasion charges and lying to the FBI as part of an effort to pay off victims of “prior bad acts.” In an ...86 comments 110 Recs
- He's already won. Believe it or not (I didn't at first), Hillary's primary poll ...747 comments 150 Recs
- More popular than the jokers in the GOP side. Here is the ...361 comments 142 Recs
- The media are more interested in ...301 comments 314 Recs
- Stand up and say you're mad as hell and you won't take it anymore! Elizabeth Warren was a guest speaker this week at The Code Conference —"where top industry influencers in ...46 comments 93 Recs
- Republican Sen. Pat Toomey (left) faces a ...40 comments 18 Recs
- While the political press corps moans about how ...446 comments 127 Recs
- I wrote a diary last week about how Scott in ...22 comments 15 Recs
- No current results.