Click here to add your name:Tell Gov. Corbett to Stop Using Taxpayer Money for Campaign Events
"It is illegal to use taxpayer money to support political campaigns. Stop using taxpayer money to support or promote your reelection campaign."
When Tom Corbett was Pennsylvania's Attorney General he prosecuted state legislators for using taxpayer money for campaign related activities. Now that he is governor, he has been skirting the laws regarding mixing his official duties and campaign activities.
The conservative Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's investigation revealed that Corbett has been regularly having his campaign aides participate in official state policy meetings. (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, August 4, 2014) Conservatives and liberals alike have condemned this practice as unethical and probably illegal mixing of campaign and official duties.
Now Corbett is using taxpayer money to hold a campaign-style event promoting his Administration's job record. (http://jobs1stsummit.com) This event touts Corbett as a leader in job creation, despite his actual dismal record.
"How many hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars are being spent on this event being held in the height of the election season?" asked Keystone Progress in a statement. "And if this is really about job creation and not Corbett's reelection campaign, then why did it take Corbett over 3 1/2 years to hold the first 'Jobs First' conference?"
Tell Tom Corbett to stop using taxpayer money to support his reelection campaign.
I am actually working on a big PA-Gov diary and I want to get that out over the weekend. I did want to pass along this e-mail I received from MoveOn.org:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...23 comments 33 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...375 comments 277 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 449 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 207 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...815 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- How stupid is the right-wing media? Stupid enough ...45 comments 55 Recs
- No current results.