KosAbility is a Sunday 7pm eastkost/4pm leftkost volunteer diarist community of, by & for people living with disabilities, who love someone with a disability, or who want to know more about the issues.
Our use of "disability" includes temporary as well as permanent health/medical conditions, from small, gnawing problems to major, life-threatening ones. Our use of "love someone" extends to cherished members of other spec...
|LGBT Rights are Human Rights
This group will focus on the issue of LGBT rights and the efforts to limit them by homophobes throughout the world. Initially, it will concentrate on Russian homophobia and the Winter Olympics in Sochi, but as time passes we will zero in on cases of legalized homophobia around the world (including instances in the United States as well). The keywords of this group will be LGBT Rights, free speech and homophobia.
|Los Angeles Kossacks
This is the main Kossack group for Greater Los Angeles. Other chapters may form in East LA, the Westside, the East and West SF Valley, Long Beach and elsewhere. Let's meet once a month.
|Occupy Wall Street
This is a clearinghouse of all posts related to the grassroots effort to return this country to Democracy.
|Readers and Book Lovers
Where readers, writers, bibliophiles, and lovers of all things literary find their favorite series and one-of-a-kind diaries, including "Bookflurries," "Write On!," and "What are you reading?" Plus newer series like "Books So Bad They're Good," "Books in My Life," (formerly "Books That Changed My Life"), "Monday Murder Mystery," "Contemporary Fiction Views," "LGBT Literature," and "Books Go Boom!" We hope you'll visit Readers & Book Lovers for the same reasons you get together with a friend -- ...
|Social Security Defenders
The enemies of Social Security have been on the offense for 75 years seeking to gut Social Security and wipe out the legacy of the New Deal. Time to join the defense?
|Support the Dream Defenders
The Dream Defenders are fighting for justice in Florida. Their goal: To enact Trayvon's Law in Florida, which would repeal the Stand Your Ground law, ban racial profiling, and end the school-to-prison pipeline. We are a Daily Kos community with a goal: To promote and support those objectives, online and off. Current project: Improving and promoting the Michael Brown Over-Policed Rights Act, a Daily Kos community crowd-sourced project.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by 714day
- CEDWYN’S MOM LINDA (IN AUSTIN TEXAS) THANK YOU I want to express my appreciation and gratitude for all of Cedwyn’s friends and KOS associates. I hope each of you celebrated Cedwyn in your ...46 comments 185 Recs
- The Loved One is a short satire with very sharp teeth. It is hilarious in that dry, mordant vein the British mine so well. I'm confident you'll enjoy The Loved One if you like sparkling prose, ...68 comments 46 Recs
- Time to #RaiseTheWage The National Low Income Housing Coalition's annual housing report has been released and it once again shows the dramatic ...49 comments 77 Recs
- The NYC Kossacks welcomed both peregrine kate and asterkitty to Spitzer's Corner on a gorgeous Spring day. As usual, it was a great group of Kossacks with fabulous food and terrific conversation.119 comments 55 Recs
- A daily series, Connect! Unite! Act! seeks to create face-to-face networks in each congressional district. Groups ...130 comments 44 Recs
- The Senate did something remarkable in the early hours of ...22 comments 48 Recs
- It my seem strange to anyone who has followed the debate over the causes of the 2008 housing bubble collapse and the resulting financial crisis that triggered the "Great Recession," but it took ...165 comments 266 Recs
- Today, TransCanada — builders and promoters of both Keystone XL and the Energy East tar sands pipelines — had this to say about their commitment to protect the environment: We help protect the ...6 comments 17 Recs
- We love to garden and enjoy nothing more than hanging out in our gardens or being on the back deck looking out over them. It's so lush right now but very soon the heat of summer will become a ...77 comments 35 Recs
- The All-Nations Native American Veterans Memorial in Jefferson, Oregon [This is an edited and updated reprise of an essay first written for Memorial Day in 2010.] My ...56 comments 247 Recs
- No current results.