Posting History for AKguy
|Increasing your income to qualify for ACA subsidies
Say you live in a (red) state that hasn't chosen to expand Medicaid under the ACA. Say your income is just low enough for Medicaid under the ACA, and thus too low to qualify for subsidies on the ...
|Disturbing note on my windshield
"Hi Friend... I just wanted to let you know that some knucklehead vandalized your car by slapping an Obama sticker on it. The last thing you want is to be driving around all day, looking like an ...
|How to build distrust in government and dislike for government employees
It started with a voice mail from my credit union. The garbled message said something about our savings account and the California Franchise Tax Board (FTB). We have lived in Alaska since August, ...
|Rain gear rally for Obama in Juneau, Alaska (photos)
Well, we didn't get 100,000 for our rally in Alaska's capital city (population ~30K), but then again the weather wasn't exactly as nice as they had in St. Louis today. It was 44 degrees F with ...
|Sarah Palin info from Alaskan sources
All of a sudden, our little backwater of a state is the happenin' place to be these days. Here are some resources/info to be found online about our very own potential VPOTUS. See below the fold...
|Red state reaction to my Obama bumper sticker
On Sunday our little Subaru was parked next to a soccer field here in Juneau, Alaska as I watched my 11-year-old son play. After the game I found a slip of paper tucked into the driver's side door.
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by AKguy
- Australian comedian Tim Minchin sings "White Wine in the Sun," which isn't exactly "Greensleeves." I really like Christmas It's sentimental, I know, but I just really like it I am hardly ...49 comments 69 Recs
- Some of you may know a bit of my saga: Cancer diagnosis in 2004, was on COBRA through a former employer at the time and everything went smoothly, except for the stress and anxiety of having a ...23 comments 71 Recs
- Nearly all of my diaries are about the Great Outdoors. Seldom do I write about politics, because political writing does not come to me very easily. However, my recent experience is too important to ...179 comments 1043 Recs
- Attorney General-elect Mark Herring (D) According to the Washington Post , Republican state Sen. Mark ...83 comments 53 Recs
- Life is full of unexpected twists and turns. Around Thanksgiving a year ago, I had some dental work done. Ten days later I began having severe headaches. On December 8th I nearly blacked out at the ...38 comments 162 Recs
- Today it took me 48 minutes to breeze through the healthcare.gov website and hopefully come January 1, 2014, I will have something that has eluded me for the past 13 years. I still refuse to fully ...169 comments 321 Recs
- 70 comments 70 Recs
- I never see this discussed on the news, the pundit shows, or anywhere else. Want to know the dirty little secret about why the wealthy hate Obamacare? 3.8% We hear the right-wing screaming all ...259 comments 891 Recs
- Once again, a respected standard-promulgator of a large medical specialty - in this case the American College of Cardiology - has been persuaded to recommend blanket prescribing of an expensive [or ...428 comments 345 Recs
- Yes, my Obamacare journey is taking me to Paris and a whole lot more. First, I want to provide a little background information. I am a 61 year old, single female who took an early retirement ...87 comments 223 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.