Posting History for AbbeFaria
|Shutdown kills scientific research
This diary will be brief, mainly an announcement. Yesterday, the National Radio Astronomy Observatory ceased most operations as a result of the government shutdown. According to the NRAO web site:
|Dump Romney at the RNC
Some stray thoughts from that lovely half-awake state in the early dawn.
|Easing out of the closet
Though I am an everyday reader here, I only post occasionally. I've mainly posted with family stories and other minor matters, but more importantly I've posted when I want advice from the Kos ...
|Reason Rally Washington DC
Today I attended the Reason Rally on the National Mall in Washington DC.
|We are the Catholic 99%
I am watching the discussion about how the Catholic Bishops are pushing back hard ...
|DADT in 1944
My father and I discussed Don't Ask Don't Tell (DADT) extensively when it was first introduced. He thought it is among the ...
|Driving while brown? Advice needed...
My son related that he experienced a rather disturbing incident this morning. After he finished his story, he asked what he should do if this happens in the future. I had no idea. Can you help?
|Remembering my father
During the election season, and especially on this Veterans Day, I have been remembering my late father and some lessons he taught me. I miss him terribly, and I wish we could have talked about the ...
|Marriage equals "civil union"
While we were in the shower this morning, my spouse of 23 years and I were discussing the positions of the Democratic candidates on the issue of gay marriage.
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by AbbeFaria
- Religious freedom means that the government should not privilege the teachings of one religion over another or deny individual religious freedom. Individuals must have the right to accept or reject ...2 comments 2 Recs
- Taking a look at the religious references in Obama's speech.46 comments 23 Recs
- From The Mall? At work, either on TV or over the net? At home? At a bar? Other? Take the poll. My answer ...95 comments 30 Recs
- 400 years ago a professor of mathematics took to improving a recent invention by Dutch spectacle makers Hans Lipperhey and Zacharias Janssen and turned it to the heavens. That simple curiosity set ...45 comments 35 Recs
- What follows is a total fantasy of what I think John McCain should say about Bill Ayres: Back when Bill Ayres and I were both young men, our nation was fighting a war in Southeast Asia. At ...10 comments 5 Recs
- Today was his first public appearance since the DNC. I was so glad to see how strong he looks, and thought you might enjoy seeing this encouraging look at the Senate's Liberal Lion. The President ...189 comments 685 Recs
- No current results.