Below you'll find recent contributions related to AlphaGeek's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Rick Santorum blasts Fox News for limiting GOP debate to top ten candidates
The announcement that Fox News will be limiting the first Republican primary ...
|Open thread for night owls. Democracy Now interviews Matt Taibbi on confessed bank crooks
Matt Taibbi Amy Goodman interviewed Rolling Stone journalist Matt Taibbi on the news that the five banks—Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Barclays, Royal Bank of ...
|Bernie Sanders will make his presidential run official Tuesday
Bernie poses for a selfie with a supporter in Manchester, NH, May 2. Sen. Bernie Sanders will make his presidential primary campaign official Tuesday, May 26, with a public kick-off on the shores ...
|Six Baltimore officers indicted in death of Freddie Gray
Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby has announced that a grand jury has returned indictments for ...
|Ex-CIA briefer: Bush administration presented false 'intelligence' to the nation
No kidding. In the much-needed pile-...
|Jeb Bush is partly right. Somebody is definitely 'intellectually arrogant' about climate change
That arrogance does not, however, come from the scientists behind the 97 percent of peer-reviewed papers that say civilization's emissions of greenhouse gases are driving climate change. Nor from ...
|Midday open thread: Foxagandists say Obama wrong to call climate change nat'l security threat
Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is On Iraq: W.W.J.H.D.? (What Would Jeb Have Done?) :
|A not-indicted Chris Christie says media owes him an apology
Hang on, we have to savor this for a while : Chris Christie says the ...
|Surprise! Company whose pipeline burst in Santa Barbara has extensive record of safety violations
A section of Refugio State Beach tainted by oil from burst pipe. Since 2006, the U.S. Pipeline and ...
|Cheers and Jeers: Thursday
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Oh! More Things I Know: That President Obama has been on twitter for three days and hasn't posted a single funny cat pic shows he's not taking his twitter ...
|Bill in Portland Maine||05/21/2015||75|
|Study: BP oil blowout at fault for Gulf of Mexico dolphin deaths. The petroleum giant says nah
Dead dolphin stranded on the Port Fourchon Louisiana coastline in July 2012 following the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
|Open thread for night owls: 'History will allow clear judgments' on Iraq||Hunter||05/20/2015||70|
|Spotlight on green news & views: Fracking wastewater used on crops; Shell plans for change of 4°+
Check out the saga of the green heron hunting for lunch Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention ...
|America's Dumbest Congressman: Bush would have never invaded Iraq if he knew Obama would screw it up||Hunter||05/20/2015||234|
|Sen. Ron Johnson: 'I'm not so sure I'm trusting President Obama' over Iranian leaders
I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...
|Climate takes up half Obama's commencement address to Coast Guard cadets, with some Arctic irony
Climate change dominated President Obama's commencement address to the Coast Guard graduating class Wednesday. President ...
|Midday open thread: Tech companies oppose TPP; bin Laden's bookshelf; Obama tweets, racism ensues
Today's comic by Matt Bors is Biker Lives Matter :
|As fast-track trade bill heads for Senate cloture vote, House outcome could be up to Nancy Pelosi
Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...
|Cheers and Jeers: Wednesday
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… End of a Late Night Era There have been gazillions of words written " Late -ly" (Get it? Get it?) about the impact of David Letterman on late-night comedy. They'...
|Bill in Portland Maine||05/20/2015||55|
|Open thread for night owls: Bernie Sanders has a plan: Tax Wall Street and make college free
John Nichols at The Nation writes Bernie Sanders Has a Plan: Tax Wall Street and Make College Free : Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders keeps bending the rules of Senate ...
|Midday open thread: Int'l flag of Earth; man admits plot against NY Muslims; O'Reilly denies abuse
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is The Great Hall of Iraq Whoppers :
|Texas Gov. Greg Abbott does industry's bidding and signs state ban on local fracking bans
Two women await the results of a referendum banning fracking in Denton, Texas, last November. The city's ...
|Chris Christie invokes 9/11: 'You can't enjoy your civil liberties if you're in a coffin'
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie takes on civil liberties, domestic espionage, and ...
|Would Lindsey Graham have gone to war knowing 'what we know now'? He's not telling.
Lindsey Graham took to the airwaves yesterday to answer the _what we know now_ question himself. He turns in an ...
|This man has read the TPP, can't legally tell us the details, but says Warren's criticisms are right
Labor organizations oppose the Trans Pacific Partnership Trade deal in a rally outside of the Capitol in May 2014. His name is Michael Wessel. He has served on the U.S. ...
|Cheers and Jeers: Tuesday
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… In Which I Agree with the GOP Count me among those who don’t really give a crap whether or not ABC News prompter reader and "we'll have to leave it there" ...
|Bill in Portland Maine||05/19/2015||82|
|Sen. Whitehouse gives his 100th climate change speech. More senators should emulate him
Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island gave his 20-minute pilot floor speech on climate change in October 2011. But he began his weekly series with a climate change speech in April 2012. Since ...
|Open thread for night owls: Ending distribution of some military matériel to local cops is a start
Colleen Curry at Vice writes about the news Monday that President Obama ...
|Trade argument between Warren and Obama heats up with release of the senator's latest salvo
Elizabeth Warren and Barack Obama in happier times. The report released Monday by Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren adds fuel to ...
|Midday open thread: Kayaktivists in Seattle; Flakka makes people run naked through the streets
Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Critical reactions :
Recommended by AlphaGeek
- Yeah, that's right. What ever happened to Lunchbox Joe Biden. The last two months of the campaign saw nearly every news organization focus primarily on Palin. The VP debate, the rallies, the ...557 comments 1640 Recs
- Like so many others here, I was severely disappointed by the passage in California of Proposition 8. And while many postmortems will indeed be written about why Prop 8 passed and what we in the ...486 comments 579 Recs
- This diary is meant to be a solution to the Proposition 8 "problem". I postulate that this should be looked at as an opportunity to drive a nail into the coffin of the right wing hate groups who ...80 comments 58 Recs
- About a month ago I wrote that America is not now, and has never been, a conservative country .596 comments 1412 Recs
- (This started off as a long comment in a little read diary: I thought it was substantive enough to be worth of separate publication.) The GOP is run by rich folks, and basically looks after their ...822 comments 1244 Recs
- Dear David: Last week, you wrote glowingly about Third Way’s report, “The New Rules Economy,” that attempts to debunk those of us you sneeringly label as “neopopulists.&...183 comments 400 Recs
- Welcome to Gore Obama '08, yet another premature tiresome, candidate diary!! ! Why AM I writing it then? Because woke up this morning and said...I will write a diary entitled Gore ...704 comments 450 Recs
- I've spent the last few days doing two things. One's been driving around doing location scouting, which has given me plenty of time to think but not much time to write. The other's been reading ...690 comments 287 Recs
- There has been some confusion and uncertainty as to whether Joe Lieberman has the power to flip control of the Senate to the Republicans. I come bearing good news!! As of this past Friday (January 12)318 comments 454 Recs
- As many of you know, I am now a delegate to the California Democratic Party from my Assembly District after being ...152 comments 239 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.