Andrew F Cockburn's groups.
To best serve the development of all our young people, we need to move away from our one-size-fits-all education system (based on the 19th Century industrial model) to a new approach that encourages and facilitates many profoundly different educational paths, including learning within and outside of schools.
|Math and Statistics Geeks
For questions, answers, thoughts and stuff about math and statistics. Also for sharing of data sets, requests for analysis, debunking statistics cited by RWNJ, and so on.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by Andrew F Cockburn
- No kidding. In the much-needed pile-...133 comments 119 Recs
- Need a bit of inspiration this morning? I've got just the story for you. On Tuesday, two men showed up on a street corner in Tillamook, Oregon, with signs reading "Homo sex is sin" and "Jesus said ...120 comments 422 Recs
- Tennessee Congressman Steve Cohen has a diary here at Daily Kos. He has been an outspoken ...52 comments 55 Recs
- Wow. All I can say is...good for him, seriously: Lifelong Republican Turns On His Party, Embraces Obamacare Luis Lang, who is currently crowdfunding for medical expenses that he can’t afford ...282 comments 684 Recs
- Wired put together a very interesting piece on the renewable energy company Vortex . They are now field testing bladeless wind energy turbines.158 comments 272 Recs
- Time to get out a hanky for your climate-denying relative— researchers have found and published results confirming the existence of the "tropospheric hotspot," a warming in the ...79 comments 156 Recs
- Watch out for falling rocks! In the wake of the April 25, 2015 earthquake in Nepal, Salvation Army volunteers were making their way to remote villages to check on the needs of residents. Out of ...3 comments 42 Recs
- What does it take to make Republicans want to keep religious leaders out of politics? A pope who disagrees with them, apparently. Pope Francis' recognition of ...207 comments 216 Recs
- 28 comments 215 Recs
- Let me preface this diary by saying that having known families who support children diagnosed within the autism spectrum and having had a parent who worked for a long time with a very wide range ...39 comments 32 Recs
Andrew F Cockburn's Blogroll
- No current results.