Posting History for Anne Elk
|Poor old Saint Joseph
Husband of Mary. Carpenter (sort of). Saint. That's pretty much it. A cosmic cuckold and barely that. The Holy Spirit got in first and Joseph had to pretend he was Jesus' dad. I can just see him now ...
|Breaking: Hugo Chavez dead at 58
BBC is reporting that Hugo Chavez, President of Venezuela, has died of a respiratory infection after battling cancer. BBC : Last May, he said he had recovered from an unspecified cancer, after ...
|Get rid of the 4-year term!
Americans are famous for believing that, if there is anything that ails any part of society, an election will effect an almost miraculous cure. Ironically, they evince an almost equal disdain for ...
Haven't seen a diary on this today and that's a bit surreal. Europe's economy actually today's biggest news. Italy's 10-year bond is at 7.5%. Greece cannot agree on a new PM to replace Papandreou. ...
|Funerals for miscarriages
A probably successful effort to amend Mississippi's Constitution would confer personhood on fertilized human eggs, affording them thereby all of the protections of the laws that apply to post-birth ...
|The Iran frame-up
Have to call BS on this latest news. So Iran hires some guys in the Mexico drug world to blow up the Saudi ambassador in DC? Oh, puh-lease! Could there be a more incredibly lame plot than that? Who ...
|The right way to grow jobs
I have seen a lot of the calls for a jobs program here, including the Schakowsky proposal ( Nulwee'
|A Series of Unfortunate Events
There is often a strange interlude in world affairs. We have a dramatic turn of events and then a period of quiet until the full effect of an unfolding disaster launches itself with a severity and ...
|Australia's new female PM?
Looks like Kevin Rudd's Party, the ALP, will ditch him as Prime Minister today in favor of his deputy PM, giving Australia its first female Prime Minister.
The usual Sunday parade of Republican mouthpieces showed some skill in giving the impression that they are a serious source of advice on the economy. In order to make their arguments without going ...
|Massive fraud not prosecuted!
The one thing that I don't understand is why some of the CEO's of these failed mortgage lenders are not doing a perp walk in FBI handcuffs. Under regulations enacted by the Republicans, a CEO is ...
|A new Bailout Plan?
Lots of investors breathed a sigh of relief last week when the bailout was passed and signed into law. What people may have missed is that there isn't a chance of any of that money being spent - not ...
|The Economic Consequences of the Bailout
We still do not know the details of the $500 billion to $1 trillion plan to acquire mortgage-backed securities from US firms. But enough details have emerged that we can discuss some of the possible ...
|Hey! What's "The Big Idea"?
When you write a diary these days, it just zooms down the list. It's like watching the credits on a made-for-TV movie. I thought my diary yesterday was pretty good. So snip, snip - a bit of editing -
|The focus on Palin is killing Obama
Bothered, baffled and bewildered, am I. Do Democrats even begin to get the nature of the problem they are facing? Do they understand what a truly shrewd choice Palin was for McCain? If they do, why ...
|Proposed New Diary Policy
Grannydoc pointed this out last week. So I am not addressing a problem that hasn't been addressed before. This diary concerns what to do about the proliferation of non-diaries on this site, only a ...
|McCain as Goldwater
For good or ill, we are not primarily rational creatures. Rationality is the tool we use to secure what we desire. There are two main strategies that must be employed by any campaign to make a ...
|No, War with Iran is NOT looming
This is getting to be like Whack-a-Mole. No sooner does one diary appear but another one pops up. I can't be expected to reply to each individually. So I want to put my arguments as to why it is ...
|The Fear narrative: 9/11
I posted this in reply to a wing-nut who posted this as a comment on DemfromCT's diary today (the amusing Pundit Roundup). Some kind people asked me to release my reply as a diary. So here goes. ...
|Too depressed to vote
I saw the President's proposed budget today, and I just don't want to think about or talk about politics anymore. With a 3 trillion dollar budget that includes a largely fictitious $515 billion ...
|God endorses Obama!
At an Obama rally today, God made an unscheduled appearance. Blinded by the ineffable rays of the Almighty appearing in all his splendor, believers and unbelievers alike bowed in awe. They then ...
|My candidate neighbors
People often voice support for a Presidential candidate by saying that they seem like a regular guy, like the kind of person you could have a beer with. Of course, for the most part that merely ...
I know everyone is obsessing about the overly hyped Democratic primaries, but there is actually a world out there that is trundling along regardless of this monumental, all encompassing spectacle. ...
|Why I can't decide
All these ads on TV are just getting me confused about which one to choose. Below, I describe three ads. All of them show the candidate in an attractive light. But I just can't choose. Gosh! Can ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Anne Elk
- A new systems for generate excessive moneys is now available in your area. If you have ever dreams to making a massive profits for as little as half of current work times then this new systems is ...186 comments 94 Recs
- Why aren't these quotes standard rhetoric of the base? Truman foretells the future in 1952: Address at the National Convention Banquet of the Americans for Democratic Action May 17, 1952 In ...104 comments 219 Recs
- As seen on America The Not So Beautiful Someone needs to tell me why cops have tasers. Are they for when a kid kicks them in the shin? Or maybe when a woman starts to argue about being pulled over ...380 comments 353 Recs
- President Barack Obama is given a tour of the Trinity Structural Towers Manufacturing Plant by Senior Vice President Mark ...160 comments 189 Recs
- We might see 90% of registered voters vote this year. Take a good look at that chart. In 1996, 82.3% of people registered to vote voted. In 2000, 85.5% of people registered to vote voted. In 2004,102 comments 115 Recs
- Yes, this is yet another debate analysis diary -- but one that is exactly opposite to the media conventional wisdom. My take is that Obama did well in this debate for exactly the reason the media ...82 comments 97 Recs
- For most of my political life, I have watched Democrats play defense on everything from family values to foreign policy. Republicans hit hard--sometimes above the belt, but more often, resorting to ...159 comments 411 Recs
- Just stop, please. Oh for the love of Voldemort. Reuters : Internal Komen documents reviewed by Reuters reveal the complicated relationship between the Komen Foundation and the Catholic church, ...133 comments 123 Recs
- We need a poster child for the deficit hypocrisy embedded deep into every battle field on deficit reduction and priorities. My nomination would be for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter .41 comments 29 Recs
- Too often commentary on the European debt crisis has been like handicapping a horse race ("this country is leading the race to default, but this other nation is catching"). While interesting, ...257 comments 190 Recs
Anne Elk's Tags
- No current results.
Anne Elk's Blogroll
- No current results.