Below you'll find recent contributions related to AnnieJo's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|You Know it's Bad When GOP Reps Vote Scott Walker Out as Head of Flagship Agency (Big Update)
|Walker Fired from WEDC!
this came up while scanning the Journal Sentinel http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/joint-finance-to-deal-today-with-troubled-wedc-cuts-to-seniorcare-b99504512z1-304551231.html Walker ...
|That Michigan pastor who was outed on Grindr? He nearly shamed a gay teen into committing suicide
Tyler Kish recalls Pastor Matt Makela's heartless counseling Yesterday we covered Pastor Matt Makela, the anti-gay Michigan ...
|Just for Wonks & Fellow ALEC Research Junkies
The following links are a treasure trove of info on how, beginning in the 1800s, banks and corporations gained control of our democracy and morphed into ALEC: 1. The History of American Corporate ...
|War on Error||05/21/2015||3|
|Eliminate Tax Exemptions!!
Recently there has been much ado about the IRS tax exemption status of certain entities such as that of ALEC. The ALEC exemption is really only the tip of a huge dirty iceberg . There should be no ...
|Atlanta NBC Affiliate Exposes ALEC Activities in Georgia
I was pleasantly surprised to see our local NBC affiliate expose activities of the American Legislative Exchange Council in Georgia. The report by Brendan Keefe of 11Alive News consisted of a former ...
|Lily O Lady||05/20/2015||70|
|Wisconsin Legislature really is insane
Reading this list from the Wisconsin DHS https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/publications/p4/p44578.pdf just makes me angrier the more I look at it. It's inconsistent (you can buy fresh sweet potatoes/...
|Michigan/Motor City Kossacks Weekly Open Thread: Onwards to '16!
That's right! Ready or not, 2016 is coming! In the Detroit area, we already have three points of contact for two announced candidates. For Bernie Sanders: You'll want to contact Mike Witte - a ...
|WI-Sen: Sherrod Brown (D. OH) Helps Russ Feingold (D) Get Ready To Defeat Ron Johnson (R)
Received this e-mail from one of my favorite U.S. ...
|Anti-gay pastor in Michigan resigns after–well, you can probably guess
Secret hypocritical double life? There's an app for that. Reverend Matthew Makela was recently listed on the St. John's Lutheran Church website as a devoted husband and father of five children. But,
|Confessions of Scott Walkers Pale Blue Shirt: Volume 2, More Confessions
Pale blue shirt here. I'm back. Hello, there. I'm Scott Walkers pale blue campaigning shirt. You've met me before . I'm the shirt that'...
|WI-Sen: Ron Johnson (R), 'I May Trust Ayatollah Over Obama On Details Of Iran Deal'
More words of insanity from one of the most vulnerable Tea Part U.S. Senators: http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/senate-homeland-security-chairman-ayatollah-could-be-more-tr?utm_term=.
|Michigan man charged for waterboarding a 5-year-old boy over a ripped backpack
Michael Porter is accused of torturing a 5-year-old. Today's candidate for worst person in the world is Michigan's Michael Porter, who waterboarded his girlfriend's 5-year-old son for ripping his ...
|Kansas County Can't Afford to Mow the Lawn
Kansas Counties are finding that the Brownback economy isn't working out for them nearly as well as they had hoped. Today in the statehouse, Kansas Lobbyists are arguing against rolling back tax ...
|Pfizer Drop ALEC: We are 200 signatures away from 100,000!
Today, Common Cause, Sierra Club, Forecast The Facts, the American Federation of Teachers, and AFSCME are delivering petitions ...
|Walker loses a round in court
Haven't seen this in a diary yet, so here's a short one on a bit of news. (Where are you, puddytat??) All of us in Wisconsin who lose sleep thinking that Scott Walker may spend and slime his way ...
|birds along the fox
|Michigan smokers, drinkers paid twice as much in total taxes as its businesses did
Michigan Republican Gov. Rick Snyder Michigan has found a way to make up for some of its budget shortfall after cutting corporate taxes to the bone—just tax people who smoke and drink more! Chad ...
|Mr. Obenshain, Condemn This Scandalous, Bullying, Plutocratic Lawsuit
In her campaign ...
|Smoking gun for Walker's WEDC? A Timeline.
Excellent reporting this weekend from the Wisconsin State Journal digging into one particularly jaw-dropping $500k loan made by Scott Walker's Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) . The ...
|sad trestle trail
|How I Know Bernie's a Contender ... He's Under Attack By Koch Surrogates
Inevitability of the lifeblood of political nepotism in our country. If you've got the right name, you don't have to make a valid argument. You just have to call on family friends, and make the ...
|UPDATE- Unintimidated Scott Walker pulls 180 on strategy at corrupt jobs agency he created
Another Friday, and another drastic and intriguing difference of direction from our fair Governor regarding the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC). One week after an audit from the ...
|Jake formerly of the LP||05/16/2015||11|
|Spotlight on Courage ~ StDDs Week 37
No! Poverty is not to be blamed for the murder of Michael Brown. Lack of opportunities did not take the life of Freddie Gray. The "absent black father" was not responsible for killing Walter Scott. ...
|I'm Doing a Happy Dance Today at Russ Feingold's Announcement
Good news is hard to come by in Wisconsin these days so when there is some, I want to share the happiness. What can be more fabulous than Russ Feingold announcing he's going to take his Senate seat ...
|WI-Sen: PCCC Wastes No Time Helping Russ Feingold (D) Get Ready To Defeat Ron Johnson (R)
Received this e-mail today from the Progressive Change Campaign Committee in support of former U.S. Senator Russ Feingold's (D. WI) comeback bid against Tea Party U.S. Senator Ron Johnson (...
|Governor Scott Walker, Wisconsin Unions and the Plans Ahead
America’s National Labor Relations law as amended governs private sector unions, but not public sector unions. Public sector unions organize and operate under state enabling legislation. Some ...
|Michigan/Motor City Kossacks Weekly Open Thread: Why "Giggles the Pig" Might be Flint's Next Mayor
ICYMI: "Giggles the Pig," a sow belonging to attorney Michael Ewing of Flint, has been put forth as a candidate for the mayoralty of Flint, Michigan. I'm all for political theater. But, really? A ...
|PSA: Michigan Matters! Some Presidential Primary Opportunities
Ok, folks, this is gonna be pretty short, but damn if it won't be sweet. In case you haven't heard, two people from the Northeast are fighting over a spot for the Democratic nomination, and the ...
|The Daily Bucket - a wet and wild swallow tale
Gooseville, WI Male Tree Swallows Tachycineta bicolor in a territorial dispute over a prime nestbox.
|Michigan GOP moves to strip power of local governments to protect workers and the LGBT community
Originally posted at Eclectablog.com . Republicans have successfully branded themselves as the party that worships "local governmental control". They want federal regulations repealed and the power ...
Recommended by AnnieJo
- "Dead malls," "traffic sewers," "parking deserts." These terms are now common among civic planners. They also have a common origin: suburbia. These are not the usual terms used in public health ...167 comments 242 Recs
- Last Thursday (May 7) here at Daily Kos, I published the first public disclosure of a shocking collapse of the state's voter registration system here in North Carolina under Republican Gov. Pat ...143 comments 388 Recs
- Says it all It takes a lot for non-national, local news to make it to The New Yorker , but this sad story has . ...96 comments 233 Recs
- This diary is going to have more questions than answers. If you're knowledgeable about federal tax law or regulation of public-private "authorities," please chime-in in the comments! Jake formerly ...55 comments 95 Recs
- Yup, I'm Rec-begging on this one 'cus I am *angry* (if not surprised). One week ago I posted en entry titled "Color me shocked: Michigan GOP State Senator spewing nonsense" , which documented an ...85 comments 522 Recs
- Last week in Texas, a Republican lawmaker proposed an amendment so outrageous, that even some of his own GOP colleagues were repulsed. ...553 comments 368 Recs
- Unintentionally, I got into a debate this morning with someone convinced that private schools were the answer to fixing our public education system. Their reasoning was that If you have a failed ...13 comments 6 Recs
- Long-shot Miliband now the favorite to become Britain’s prime minister STOCKTON-ON-TEES, ENGLAND — Even before the election campaign began, the verdict was in on Ed Miliband: He was too weak ...279 comments 140 Recs
- I'm one of those people who does not really like the political committees - they tend to support establishment candidates who are usually more conservative than I prefer. So when Hillary announced ...8 comments 9 Recs
- This just in, via email from Rev. Dr. William J. Barber, President of the NC NAACP: I invite all Moral Monday Arrestees, HKonJ Partners, NC NAACP members, and supporters of the Forward Together ...18 comments 41 Recs