Posting History for ArchTeryx
|The phoenix cycle.
So I'm a pretty rare diary writer here on Daily Kos. Most of my diaries haven't been about politics, after all; I'm much more of a science and nature writer, and we already have a superb ...
|The Face of the Unemployed: Me.
This diary definitely isn't for everyone: it's part personal rant, part fearful outburst, and part puncturing of many, many myths out there about the long-term unemployed. Most of all, perhaps, it'...
|Losing my job in the best possible way. (pt. 2)
Well, as promised, here's a diary posting the end result of my round with Human Resources, my bosses, and the entire convoluted situation I posted the last time. It turned out far better then I ...
|Losing my job in the worst possible way.
I don't write diaries very often. For the most part, I find writing difficult - funny, because as a Research Specialist in molecular virology, writing is part of my life. But some things move me ...
|For a newly minted scientist, where to go from here?
Previously, I've written under the nom de plume of Test Tube Phoenix. The scientist reinventing himself for a recession economy which had very little room (or jobs) for scientists. In way, this is ...
I'm not someone who writes diaries often, and most of my rare diaries are of a personal nature. But I've never actually written a serious rant before, and it's hard for me to bare myself like this.
|A wonderful life: Suicide from the inside.
Lately I've been musing a lot about suicide. It's not, as you might think, my own, though I've survived multiple suicidal crises - and one attempt - in my life. In these dark economic times, and ...
|Test Tube Phoenix: David vs. Goliath
So it's just about done - my over one-year journey to get my educational card game published is about at an end. Things have been unexpectedly good here - in a previous diary , I described a ...
|How I managed to get unemployment.
When last we left the intrepid Test Tube Phoenix, he'd just be denied the unemployment that was going to be keeping him alive and insured, and he was looking to go down hard. Martyrdom wasn't ...
|Test Tube Phoenix: No unemployment for you.
Well, my plans for surviving the recession have just collapsed around me. This is not going to be an easy diary for me to write, but at this point, ranting to DailyKos beats the alternatives, which ...
|Test Tube Phoenix: Teacher help request.
It's been about two months since I wrote about my situation , as yet another ...
|The Phoenix in the Test Tube
It's been ages since I've written a diary, and this is going to be a really odd one -- a mix of hope and despair, of pleading and cynicism, a request for reassurance and even a bit of a sales pitch.
|Who would ever want to be a scientist?
This is the first diary I've ever written on request; it was a diary to give some idea of why us young scientists, those few Americans among us that have stood by the profession for as long as we ...
|Amidst the darkness, a 15 year quest comes to an end.
This is a personal diary. I don't really expect many to read it, but I do hope that at least DarkSyde sees it; he's been following my story. Being a political junkie and in general, liking to keep ...
|New fundamentalist Trojan Horse?
Today at my lab at Ohio State University, my boss (as well as several other professors in my building) received a most interesting book, labeled "Complimentary Gift", and "Scientific Atlas". We ...
|Liberal radio stations dropping like flies in Ohio.
It appears Ohio is about to lose, or has already lost, all but one of it's progressive talk stations. This is a travesty, particularly in light of the near-total sweep of the Democrats in the state ...
|OH-15: (Partly) Sunny Sunday III: GOTV!||ArchTeryx||11/05/2006||3||3||-||10|
|OH-15: Smells like desperation!||ArchTeryx||10/20/2006||20||8||1||6|
|OH-Var: Advice on Absentee ballot?||ArchTeryx||10/16/2006||12||1||-||-|
|OH-15: Blogging the Congressional Debate.||ArchTeryx||10/12/2006||20||10||-||2|
|OH-15: Sunny Sunday Part II -- no solo mio!||ArchTeryx||10/08/2006||14||3||-||8|
|OH-15: Canvassing on a sunny Sunday||ArchTeryx||10/01/2006||25||10||-||10|
|A request for advice on campaign volunteering.||ArchTeryx||09/30/2006||15||7||-||-|
|On being surplus population.||ArchTeryx||07/15/2006||17||7||-||9|
|A personal diary: Why I might still leave the U.S.||ArchTeryx||11/11/2005||22||7||-||-|
|A humble suggestion for the Democratic Primary in Ohio.||ArchTeryx||10/23/2005||5||5||-||-|
|What, really, can be done about the Bush administration?||ArchTeryx||09/04/2005||12||4||-||-|
|My first diary -- whither science?||ArchTeryx||08/08/2005||16||9||-||1|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by ArchTeryx
- I haven't been blogging for a bit. I've been busy reading and researching. But given the discussions of late, I thought I would share a bit of truth about ourselves that needs to be exposed and ...317 comments 434 Recs
- ☮16 comments 60 Recs
- I am a white son of Ferguson, Mo. I am a son of Dellwood, Castle Point, Moline Acres, Jennings, St. Ann, Riverview Gardens, Northwoods and Normandy and north St. Louis County. I am a St. Louis ...142 comments 459 Recs
- The Daily Bucket is a regular feature of the Backyard Science group. It is a place to note any observations you have made of the world around you. Insects, weather, meteorites, climate, birds ...53 comments 34 Recs
- A few days ago, I had lunch at one of the local shopping malls, and walking back across the parking lot I happened to see a Turkey Vulture having his lunch too. The Daily Bucket is a regular ...78 comments 32 Recs
- Pure of heart Eight-year-old Gabi Mann has been feeding crows in her family's Seattle backyard garden for about four years now. It started as an accident: Gabi's ...308 comments 612 Recs
- In October 2012 and again in October 2014, I had the great good fortune to visit the Pantanal in southern Brazil. The Pantanal is a world-wide destination for wildlife lovers known for its diversity ...82 comments 71 Recs
- EVIL public education! Boo! Hiss! Waste of money. Teachers with their cushy nine-month jobs riding the gravy train on our dime. How dare they! Republican governor after Republican governor wants to ...11 comments 31 Recs
- No, this isn't about A-10s or airliners turned into bombers (it never works well). It's about what happens when the automation we take for granted turns around and bites us.256 comments 250 Recs
- Buying elections seems legal now Big Money and Dark Money groups are now going to literally be able to buy elections in ...20 comments 35 Recs
- No current results.