Posting History for Arun
|Fed up with Ferguson
Some of the people on dailykos.com are as fact-challenged as the conservative right. And also otherwise challenged. To quote anything from the nearly 5000 pages of released transcript of the ...
|Honey or Vinegar?
I remember sometime during the summer I think, there was a diary showing the huge upsurge in unique visitors to dailykos.com; pretty remarkable in part because the readership of conservative sites ...
Mitt Romney is notorious for the disdain he expressed for the 47%. After Election Day, when the Democratic Party got thoroughly walloped, not just at the Federal level, but also in the States, ...
|With Equal Justice for All
Take a look at the pictures on this page: EFI Senior Leadership. Why should you look at them? They are involved in this story : Eight workers from India were paid as little as $1.21 an hour by a ...
In the Bill Maher - Ben Affleck kerfuffle the other day, Affleck voiced a conventional opinion. e.g. , Affleck said that a minority of radical Islamists shouldn’t give a bad name to the ...
Myopia is a gentle word for this response on the dailykos.com front page to Maureen Dowd's column in the New York Times, " Isn't it Rich ?" And this week, for her outstanding achievement in ...
|Increasing our mutual distrust
If I remember history correctly, there was considerable distrust of Catholicism amongst the American public back in the 1950s and John F. Kennedy had to make a strong speech that he would not be ...
|To be fair
If the sincere religious beliefs of the owners of a closely held corporation require them not to extend birth control coverage to their employees, then it is only fair that they be required to ...
|A response to Wendy Doniger's NYT OpEd
Why the following ought to be of interest on Daily Kos: Ignorance might not prevent the American academia from sermonizing to the world but, when coupled with pompousness, it damages what many good ...
Little observations, none of which merit a diary. I thought I'd accumulate them here, and hit the publish button when the count reached 10. The list starts under the fold.
|Is there a divine right to have employees?
Is there a divine right to have employees? Certainly, I don't see that right in the Constitution of these fifty fragilely United States. If someone finds having an employee offends their ...
|Will 2014 be the Year of the American Voter?
Yours truly is in India on vacation, and is reading the Sunday Magazine of the popular newspaper, The Indian Express. You can do so, too, online though online, the photographs and graphics are not ...
|The view from abroad
It takes only a day or two of being outside the country to realize what a fall America's standing in the world has. As a simple example, the world is taken aback that Americans have seemingly so ...
|The Republicans are insane
There are pages and pages and pages of stuff analyzing Republican strategy and Republican motives. They're in the pockets of the plutocrats, they carry grudges from the time of the Confederacy, ...
|Rewording the Second Amendment
Congress shall make no law infringing on the risk of being shot. I think this is truer to the reality today than the archaic A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free ...
|A Bargain on Corporate Taxes?
In the comments on Prof. Krugman's blog, I sometimes go off-topic, so if I could delete my following thought there, I would, and instead, ask it here, as I am. While not yielding on the raising of ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Arun
- In February 2008, with only two candidates left in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, Barack Obama distributed a flier to Ohio voters denouncing Hillary Clinton’s support of NAFTA.200 comments 183 Recs
- Many smart people are getting a flawed picture of Charlie Hebdo . They are concluding, based on simplistic and misleading analysis, that many of the magazine covers and cartoons promoted racist views.546 comments 343 Recs
- Though living in France, I occasionally follow debates on Daily Kos, and it seems to me that Charlie Hebdo's controversial cartooning style when it comes to religion is not completely understood ...191 comments 255 Recs
- I was a 3rd tier candidate in an R+8 district, a pawn recruited by the majority leader to keep a republican incumbent busy and blowing money instead of helping his fellow republican state house ...97 comments 95 Recs
- Now that was a difficult night. There were a few bright spots (CO and CT Democratic Govs seem to be hanging on, WA overwhelmingly passed a background checks initiative, minimum wage hikes passed in ...438 comments 60 Recs
- Gooseville, WI Sept. 18 Ruby-throated Hummingbird Archilochus colubris The Daily Bucket is a regular feature of the Backyard Science ...203 comments 117 Recs
- Our kids are standing up against homophobia, racism, sexism, and despair. They're standing up in North Carolina's Moral Mondays' movement and across the country for their right to vote. They're ...348 comments 492 Recs
- Two years ago this July , the scientific team at CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, used the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) to confirm the existence of the Higgs boson , the most ...82 comments 206 Recs
- Via Huffington Post, there's an intriguing interview about NASA's Sustainability Base at the Ames Research Center . Jennifer Grayson's interview is a look at what can happen when ...43 comments 130 Recs
- If you want someone to push the party to the ...1122 comments 448 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.