Posting History for AshleyAllison
|Big threats facing endangered Florida manatees -- and how you can help
Shocking. And wrong. 830. That's the number of endangered Florida manatees that needlessly perished last year -- largely victims of deadly boat strikes and toxic "red tide" algal blooms. And now ...
|Update on bees, Monsanto, and Bayer
Devastating. The numbers just came in , and thanks to Bayer and Monsanto, nearly one quarter of America's bees died this winter. In Maryland, the devastation was particularly historic. With almost ...
|Sign the petition: Don't let the tea party gut the Endangered Species Act!
Against all odds, the tiny black-footed ferret is making a miraculous comeback on the western American prairie. Once considered extinct in the wild, the wily creatures owe their fragile survival to ...
|Sign the petition: Stop Big Oil's assault on the rainforest
Jaime Vargas, an Ecuadorian tribal leader , stood proudly in the howling wind and rain to send us this urgent plea: "Big Oil will stop at nothing to destroy our sacred rainforest home. But with your ...
|Sign the petition: Save our bees from toxic pesticides!
For Bob, a beekeeper from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, it was a heartbreaking winter. Nearly 70 percent of Iowa's precious bees were too sick -- poisoned by toxic agricultural pesticides produced by Bayer ...
|A death sentence for Yellowstone's bison
* Note: While the 2014 slaughter has ended, unless we convince Governor Bullock otherwise, next year will mean more killing for Yellowstone's bison. Every winter, Sabina S. is filled with ...
|Protecting the planet is now criminal
I have some news -- as of this week, I'm a criminal. And so are the people of Ecuador who stood against Chevron for poisoning the Amazon with 18 billion gallons of toxic oil waste in its ruthless ...
|Sign the petition: Protect bald eagles from the NRA
On a crisp January day, the residents of Wilton Lake, Maine, saw a majestic bald eagle plummet to the ground. They rushed it to a wildlife rehabilitation center, where the staff pulled a fragment of ...
|300,000 West Virginians are still living with poisoned water
This post was written by my colleague, Michael Grenetz, SierraRise Director. Dr. Rahul Gupta won't let his children drink their tap water anymore -- he's too afraid of the toxic chemicals. As ...
|Animal Planet is abusing animals for ratings and profit
When the three baby raccoons were left with Kentucky wildlife specialist Karen Bailey, she took one look and knew they were fighting for their lives. It would be a "race against time" to save the ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by AshleyAllison
- Casselton, ND derailment. Photo: Dave Arnston From ...1 comments 13 Recs
- I am posting this SierraRise alert on behalf of Jim Hines, the Sierra Club's Los Padres Chapter Conservation Chair in Ventura, CA. Beautiful -- but threatened. I never get tired of watching ...12 comments 22 Recs
- The November 16 No Enbridge rally in Vancouver, BC, brought thousands out to oppose Enbridge's toxic tar sands pipeline. Photo credit: Flickr/Mark ...7 comments 16 Recs
- Fossil fuel divestment campaigns are working. They're working so well that Big Coal is scared and striking back, frantically trying to censor climate activists and ban these campaigns. Our friends ...4 comments 27 Recs
- I am posting this diary on behalf of my colleague Ashley Allison , who wrote this piece but is off today. Would you bathe your baby in formaldehyde or fill your dog's bowl with lead? I know I wouldn'3 comments 16 Recs
- One of my last memories of my grandfather is going boating on the Chesapeake Bay when I was 14. It was a special time, and a special place. The Chesapeake Bay is a national treasure, but it's also ...4 comments 7 Recs
- This one is urgent. The House is moving on a terrible new bill that will effectively say: No new national parks. It's being pushed by a well-known Big Oil-funded congressman, and the vote is ...10 comments 8 Recs
- The biologists found him in the Florida Panther Wildlife Refuge -- alone and shivering, weighing barely a pound. The little panther cub never should have survived, but his will to live was strong. ...10 comments 13 Recs
- Climate change is real -- there's no more debating the science. And yet, when a child goes to school each morning, her parents can't be entirely sure that actual science is what she'll learn. 11 ...7 comments 19 Recs
- It's shocking, but true: More oil was spilled from trains in 2013 than the last forty years combined. There's a major accident every month, putting millions of Americans at risk. The threat of ...11 comments 9 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.