Posting History for Beastly Fool
|Jerry Brown skewering Ted Cruz
Governor Brown used to be known for running for president AND for turning a well timed phrase: And this morning, interviewed on "Meet The Press, speaking of Ted Cruz, who'd appeared on "Late Night" ...
|Cord Cutting and the Media Giant
Up until this Tuesday morning, my wife and I watched the Rachel Maddow Show through a Roku channel that streamed the entire show that had been archived from the night before. At least four days a ...
|I'm proud of the Democratic party...
I'm proud to have voted for Barack Obama to be our president, twice in primaries and twice in general elections. It's a privilege to vote for candidates who believe in science, and in correcting ...
|Amanda Curtis CAN win in Montana!!!
Believe it. Nominated just this last Saturday at the Montana Democratic convention, Amanda Curtis might be considered by some to be a token candidate. But if you look at her background and her ...
|Daily Kos ought to hold a 30 second ad contest...
Here's an example: "If you hate what republicans have done to governing, if you can't stand their views on women's issues, or the minimum wage, or immigration, or diversity, or the environment... ...
|Madness, Shame, and the Church
Mental illness is one of the thorniest issues of our time. It devastates individuals and families, with the extreme of suicide ending over 38,000 lives in the most recent year they were counted in ...
|Rachel Maddow deserves an Emmy
One of the comments below says that Rachel Maddow deserves a Pulitzer, if all the investigations into Chris Christie cough up actual convictions, especially if they connect directly to the governor. ...
|Kill The Gerrymander!
Just throwing it out there: There has to be some constitutional way to bring a logistically fair redistricting process to all 50 states. There is! A carefully written amendment that commissions (...
|Science and the Public's ROI
Mark Zuckerberg, in today's Washington Post, writes about teaming up with several other Silicon Valley leaders to promote more 21st century thinking on immigration - fairly progressive stuff. But ...
|"Nuclear Option" - Please, Harry Reid, no more...
They are used to keep senators from a simple majority vote, to keep the senate from simple majority rule, and to keep the equivalent of a veto in the hands of a senate minority. The words, "Nuclear ...
|We are ALL dependent on the government!
100% of us. To keep our country safe, we depend on the best men and women soldiers in the world. To keep our homes and streets and roads safe, we depend on our police and fire and highway patrols.
|The Phrase 'Nuclear Option' is a Political Scare Tactic
Used to keep Senators and the American public from the common belief that presidential appointments are to be given a timely and fair hearing, as well as a simple up or down vote, to determine if a ...
|One Way To Stop The Filibuster...
Please help me with this W.H. Petition. Yesterday, I set up this petition at the White House site, "We The People" asking them to have Joe Biden, as presiding officer of the Senate, to use the '...
|No More Filibustering Presidential Appointments!
This is an active petition I just wrote at the "We The People" White House site, and I need 150 signatures before they make it public on their site - anyone willing to sign or share the link further,
|Movie with a cause...
I saw a movie preview earlier that got me thinking of my friends here at Kos. "Promised Land" has Matt Damon as the lead and he plays a guy who's visiting land owners to get them to sell rights to ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Beastly Fool
- "This is a shocking chart."78 comments 57 Recs
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is up with her first ad attacking Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in her campaign to unseat the five-term incumbent, and it's a pretty good ...55 comments 51 Recs
- Dear GOP, For a crowd that loves to bray about the Constitution, it seems you have misplaced your copy. How else to explain your bizarre efforts to destroy the world unless you get your way? You ...189 comments 328 Recs
- This is a really good ad: I'm Joe Manchin, and I approved this message to bring common sense to Washington. I'm a lifetime NRA member, but I don't walk in lockstep with the NRA's Washington ...71 comments 44 Recs
- That's from FBI Director Robert Mueller, testifying Thursday before the House Judiciary Committee on counterterrorism practices. Gee, what else might have derailed the 9/11 plotters? Maybe ...164 comments 90 Recs
- I remember the exact day when my teachers underwent a magical transformation. Christmas 1968, most of my family was dozing in the wee hours as we sped along a lonely Texas highway to a distant ...91 comments 106 Recs
- Bill Of Rights Thanks to the judicial activism of the right-wing extremists of the Roberts Court, there is an individual constitutional right to bear arms. That is the current law. That is the ...625 comments 103 Recs
- Graphic created by Begany Design, Sandy Hook, CT. Used with permission Words matter. Descriptions matter. For example, I don't personally ...141 comments 83 Recs
- On Friday the DC Circuit made public its ruling in the lawsuit involving the recess appointments President Obama made to fill the National Labor Relations Board. The three conservative judges found ...8 comments 12 Recs
- Ashley Broadway, left, is pictured with her wife, Lt. Col. Heather Mack and their 2-year-old son. Awesome news breaking from NBC: An ...83 comments 278 Recs
Beastly Fool's Tags
- No current results.
Beastly Fool's Blogroll
- No current results.